I’m New and is hard for me choose a healthy meals

Options
I workout 3-4 times a week and I play indoor soccer. My issue is my belly is not tone at all

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    To lose weight, you just have to eat a little less, and you can eat less of anything, but you have to eat less for a long time. Because you have to eat less for a long time, it's smart to eat food you like.

When you lose weight, you lose weight all over, in a pattern you can't decide. When you use your body, you strengthen your muscles.

A healthy diet is balanced and varied. You can eat what you want for any meal, and anything in moderation.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do you eat out or do you eat at home?

What foods do you have in your pantry and your refrigerator?

If you have a variety of foods available it is easier to make healthy choices.
  • Fdelatorre07
    Fdelatorre07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My routine is a mess, wake up 6:00 go to work, coffee in the mornings and sometimes protein shake, by time is 10:30 I’m hungry and if I skip my meal I’m just thinking in devour a whole pizza
  • Fdelatorre07
    Options
    Eat out - I have 2 kids and is more snacks
  • Fdelatorre07
    Options
    In my refrigerator I have eggs, turkey for sandwiches cheese, lots of bottle waters, green tea, wine , ground beef
  • Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Try closing your eating window to 9 or 10 hours. Give your time to use use that fat for fuel.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Try closing your eating window to 9 or 10 hours. Give your time to use use that fat for fuel.

It's plenty easy to overeat in a 9 or 10 hour window. It's also plenty easy to overeat in a 2 hour one. Weight loss has nothing to do with meal timing, and everything to do with consuming less calories in a day than your body uses.

Your body burns calories for energy 24/7. Having an 'eating window' has no effect on changing or speeding up that process. You burn calories even in your sleep, so giving your body time to use that fat for fuel is futile. :)

• Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Don't skip meals. Prepare something simple like two boiled eggs with a grilled tomato, a quick spinach omelette, a piece of toast with peanut butter, a bagel with salmon and cream cheese, or yogurt and fruit with a handful of low sugar granola for first breakfast at 6am, then have a protein shake or bar, or a turkey or cheese sandwich that you prepped the night before with a piece of fruit for second breakfast at 10.30. Start off with that and then formulate your own breakfast choices.

When you eat out, choose a protein, a small amount of starchy carbs like rice or pasta, a handful of fries or the bun that comes with your burger, and lots of vegetables to fill up your plate and your stomach. Replace calorie dense snacks with more nutritious alternatives that you like. You don't have to eat the same snacks as your kids just because they're within easy reach.

Enjoy what you eat, and if you want calorie dense foods, have them, as long as they stay within your calorie totals. If you can cook, get a recipe book with some simple 30 minute nutritious meals you can try making. When you have some time, plan two or three simple meals in advance and then shop for those ingredients. Make your food choices as easy and accessible as possible to help you get into a routine of more nutritious eating.