Tips for Major Bloating?

Options
I have been extremely bloated for over a week--all of the classic symptoms (distended stomach, tightness, discomfort) plus it's that time of the month. I'm bloated from time to time, but not like this. Does anyone have any tried and true bloating remedies? I've tried everything from lots of water to peppermint tea to eating less high FODMAP foods to GasX. I'm on the verge of trying an elimination diet to see if there's a food trigger. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• ahunter1283
    ahunter1283 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was experiencing a lot of bloating last year and I tried cutting back on dairy/bread/carbonated beverages but I think what has helped me the most is eating slowly. Nowadays when I do get that awful bloated feeling I take a gas x, sip on water, and walk (or pace around the house). That little bit of exercise seems to help move that gas pressure along. But of course, as I’m sure you know, you should check with your doctor to rule out any underlying issue. :) Take care!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,953 Member
    Options
    I did the elimination diet. Turns out it's peanuts, peas, and tree nuts for me.

But yes, meanwhile, exercise does seem to help.
  • Ms_Lezli
    Ms_Lezli Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gluten and dairy make me bloated. It might be something in your diet.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Dairy for me. Turns out I'm lactose intolerant 😪😪😪 I miss dairy.

Since avoiding (I have never really eliminated cheese, even though I should - it just tastes so good!!!) most dairy, I now only gain about 2lbs for my TOM.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Pamprin with diuretic