Is fruit in the afternoon bad?

Options

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    If it puts you over on cals yes. Other wise eat that fruit!
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've actually heard tips from dieticians who recommend fruit after dinner to curb sugar cravings. So I think it's a great idea.
  • Mandalay407
    Mandalay407 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit, but tend to stick to ones with lower sugar, such as berries and fresh peaches.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I can only say, for ME, fruit is never bad because it's 100% better than be choosing cake, cookies, candy. My dietitian says to try to keep it for the morning if I can but sometimes cravings hit. I say, for ME, fruit is a good choice for ME anytime of the day.
  • RonyMack
    RonyMack Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    OP, there's some woo out there that says carbs are best eaten early in the day and that the body has a harder time metabolizing sugars in the evening. Of course there is no solid scientific evidence to back that up. Your people were probably referring to that mumbo jumbo, and not to fruit specifically.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    In a word, no.

Fruit is not bad for you at any particular time of day, nor is any other food. As long as it fits within your calorie goal (and, if you're using macros, your macros), and you aren't allergic to it, you should eat what you like when you like.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    bpotts44 wrote: »
    Timing doesn't matter. Just keep yourself in your macro targets for each 24 hour period.

Lots of people are successful with managing their weight and eating an overall healthy diet without even paying attention to macros.

I agree. I still don't understand macros, but would check to see if my fruit fits within my calorie limit for the day.
  • RonyMack
    RonyMack Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just to address the title question directly:

"Is fruit in the afternoon bad?"

It depends on what you do with it.
    You could also say that it depends if you let it lay out in the sun. :#