Trying again

Options
Hi everyone
I’ve been a member of mfp for some time now but have not properly used the app or site for several years, so as a means of starting again I thought I would re-introduce myself to get my commitment going. My names Jacqui and I’m from South East London, UK. I’ve really struggled with my weight loss and have gained several stones in the last few years which has really got me down. My my biggest problem is I’m a picky eater. I try and try to find ways of eating the foods I don’t like, and although I have added some to my diet, generally I just reaffirm that I don’t like them. Wondering if there are any other picky eaters out there who are getting it right and making progress, would love to hear from you!
Thanks for reading and good luck to all in their journeys and achieving their goals :)

Replies

• jessicaturner58
    jessicaturner58 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m in the exact same boat. I’ve had this app for quite some time but I gave up. I’m going to start again. Motivation is all I need!
  • Bushw12
    Bushw12 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacqui
    Ummmm unusual, why don’t you list as many types of food you enjoy/ or you can eat.
    Then maybe work out nutrition and find a balance using them or most off. Then in time try to add little bits of new stuff as well.
    When trying something new maybe consider that this is very nutritious and will be doing you good.....you’re brain may become more stimulated and enjoy stuff you wouldn’t of considered.
    Let me know how you go and I will help if I can.
    Good luck
    Lee
  • Sarah_Jane_18
    Sarah_Jane_18 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well done on making a new start 👍
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacqui :smile:
    Well done for getting back on the wagon! Starting can often be the hardest part of anything.
    I am restarting too, I keep yo yo-ing between the same 7lbs. I'd like to lose 1 and a half stone all in all. Feel free to add me if you are looking for more UK based friends, I am from the South East of England :smiley:
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacqui, you don't have to eat things you don't like. As long as you're eating at a calorie deficit you can eat what you want. You don't say what foods you don't like, but if there are certain vegetables, pulses, fruit etc that you do like, have those and then gradually try/add others.

Our tastes can change over time and you may find you don't mind food you normally stayed away from in the past. As you're just starting I would stick to what you like for now. It can be off putting trying to force yourself to eat something just because it has nutritional value. As long as you're getting vitamins, minerals, protein, fibre and other nutrients, and have a good variety within the foods you already eat, there shouldn't be any issues.

It can be fun to be adventurous with food, so try not to think of it as a chore when you start trying new stuff. If you're only eating a few things and are missing out on a lot of nutrients, I'd ask your doctor to make an appointment to see a dietitian, or maybe you could do a short cooking course like Ministry of Food to introduce you to new foods. Good luck in your journey!