Did anyone else start 30 Day Shred today?

Options

Replies

• dids01
    dids01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    got up this morning and ache in muscles I forgot I had lol.But still determined to fit day 2 in later today when I've got the kids sorted.
  • change_happens
    Options
    I think I will start tomorrow.
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    Just did day 4 and I am improving a little.

I did slightly change my arm position for the abs for the first two circuits. For the first set I put my hands towards my knees (then on the floor for the bum lifts) and for the second circuit I put my hand across my chest. For the bicycle crunch I keep them behind my ears as it seems the best place for them
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yay I did day two! Got up at 7 hoping my daughter would wake around 8, but I was only 10 mins into it when she woke up so I had to pause a few times - she is almost three, found some toys to use as weights and pretended to copy me. :)

Felt hard on my arms again, and the top of thigh just below my bum!

I get a tired/achy neck doing sit up style exercises, any ideas how I can avoid it? Feel pleased I did another day.

Zumba tonight, gonna ache tomorrow lol. I'm one of those weird people who like to ache as proof of something working!

Well done everyone. Keep it going :)
  • GettingFitterVicki
    Options
    Oh I'm using 1.5kg weights which is about 3.3lb I think.
  • dids01
    Options
    Day 2 complete and seemed easier than yesterday and I didn't stop.
    My 13 year old daughter did it with me too and shes pretty fit but she couldn't believe how tough it was.
  • GettingFitterVicki
    Options
    Day 2 complete and seemed easier than yesterday and I didn't stop.
    My 13 year old daughter did it with me too and shes pretty fit but she couldn't believe how tough it was.

How lovely that it seemed easier - my day 2 was harder because I was a bit sore lol. Maybe having your daughter there made it more fun.

After zumba I was so so sore. I put everything into the session and was walking like a 90 year old when I got out of the bath! Not so bad this morning so DVD on in a bit.
  • dids01
    Options
    I think that I was determined not to give up because she was there lol. Don't want to show any sign of weakness.
  • dids01
    Options
    D3L1 done think its getting a little easier, but not much
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS back in June, finished all 30 days and had pretty great results (inches lost but no weight change)...and then I went on vacation for 2 weeks...and then when I got home I completely fell off the health wagon lol so i'd love to do it again with you guys!! :)
  • dids01
    Options
    welcome aboard
  • GettingFitterVicki
    Options
    Let us know how you get on :)
  • dids01
    Options
    L1D4 done couldn't wait to do it today, ha ha I may be liking exercise again. I may be imagining it but think I can see a difference already.
  • dids01
    Options
    L1D6 done can do it all now am going to try to incorporate some of the harder moves in and move from the basics, tried to do proper press ups and nearly fell on my face, so that one will have to wait. I've bought the 6 pack in 6 weeks and took a look at it oh wow does that look hard, was going to do it aswell as 30DS but think it can wait till the end. My 13yr old daughter lokked at it too and it scared the wits out of her. oh well no pain no gain lol
    keep up all the hard work folks xx
  • GettingFitterVicki
    Options
    L1D6 done can do it all now am going to try to incorporate some of the harder moves in and move from the basics, tried to do proper press ups and nearly fell on my face, so that one will have to wait. I've bought the 6 pack in 6 weeks and took a look at it oh wow does that look hard, was going to do it aswell as 30DS but think it can wait till the end. My 13yr old daughter lokked at it too and it scared the wits out of her. oh well no pain no gain lol
    keep up all the hard work folks xx

haha oh dear, I haven't look at any of 6week 6pack yet but was planning to do it after 30DS.

I switched up from 3lb to 5lb weights yesterday, on level 1 day 6 (as I had missed a day on Sunday). Day 7 later on today. I'm thinking I can see slight change to my thighs and upper arms but I'm not sure if it's my mind playing tricks! Still can't get through all of the side lunge exercise where you have to raise your arms to eye level - always have to drop out with about 3 to go and that's REALLY hard. Seriously...the trainer at the gym told me muscles 'fail' - which is when it wont physically engage to continue the exercise and then you should switch to lower weights.
  • dids01
    Options
    Did D7L1 today after I had a go at 6 pack in 6 weeks, it was as hard at it looks so going to do that one every other day and keep the 30DS going till the end.
  • Tugby
    Tugby Posts: 1
    Options
    What is a 30 day Shred? Where would I find it? Do I even want to start doing it ....
  • GettingFitterVicki
    Options
    What is a 30 day Shred? Where would I find it? Do I even want to start doing it ....

It's a DVD workout you do at home based on circuit training so there's cardio, strength and abs all thrown in there. It's just in 20 min sections so it's easy to slot into your day. The trainer is Jillian Michaels who I hadn't heard of before (but apparently she is v famous lol) from The Biggest Loser. Google 30 day shred results you'll see why it's so massively popular! There are threads all over mfp about it.
  • GettingFitterVicki
    Options
    Is anyone still with me on this? I will start level 2 today! I missed a couple of sessions during level 1 as life does what it does and got in the way!

Still can't do the full set of side lunges with the arm raises!

I'm doing this alongside zumba once a week, running and any other exercise I get from the gym occasionally.

After session 10 of level 1 I did a measure-up and if I did it properly, I've lost some inches already :)

AT START

Waist: 29.5
    Bust: 36
    Hips: 37
    Chest: 30.5
    Thighs: 22

AFTER 10 DAYS

Waist: 29 (-.5)
    Bust: 35.5 (-.5)
    Hips: 36.5 (-.5)
    Chest: 29.5 (-1)
    Thighs: 21.5 (-.5)

Hopefully I measured properly. I wonder what it will be after the next 10 days!!
  • dids01
    Options
    I'm still with you I missed a couple of days too couldn't get my act together,starting L2 tomorrow going to finish L1 today.Haven't lost any weight but know the inches are down I'm going to measure at the end. You've done well keep it up xx