Breakfast Ideas?

Options
laroyla
laroyla Posts: 6 Member
Hey! Does anyone have any healthy breakfast suggestions/recipes? Ones that will keep me full as well.
Also, I am cooking for my grandmother who is a diabetic so any lower carb (60g or lower) suggestions are appreciated too!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    some of my go-to breakfasts:
    Just coffee
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas (I make a batch on the weekends and pop them in the microwave in the morning)
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle
    Fried egg and hummus on a toasted sandwich thin
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    laroyla wrote: »
    Hey! Does anyone have any healthy breakfast suggestions/recipes? Ones that will keep me full as well.
    Also, I am cooking for my grandmother who is a diabetic so any lower carb (60g or lower) suggestions are appreciated too!

I make this every morning after I workout

2 Servings Egg Substitute(92g)
    3 Whole Eggs
    1 Never Any Chicken Italian Sausage
    28g Low Skim Mozzarella Cheese

480 calories
    5 g Carbs
    30 g fat
    51 g protein
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from the night before, with plenty of protein and fiber
    smoothies
    oatmeal
    grits with meat or fruit
    sausage and eggs
    breakfast doesn't have to be "breakfast food". eat anything in the morning as long as it fits in your calories and you'll be okay. I love having breakfast type food for supper and I love having supper type food for breakfast.
  • cyncm
    cyncm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is 1/2 c 0% fat cottage cheese, 1/2 c 0% fat 0 sugar yoghurt (Iogo raspberry uses Splenda and is yummy) with whatever fruit you like. For extra protein and smoothness replace half the yoghurt with a 0% fat plain Greek yoghurt (eg Liberte).

When I have time to cook, my favorite low carb breakfasts are eggs with tomato and oatmeal with protein powder "custard."

For the eggs I saute chopped field or roma tomatoes in just enough butter to grease a nonstick pan, until soft. Then stir in 1/4 c egg whites per person. When they are almost cooked, make a well per egg and cook them sunnyside up or easy over. Good with green onion added to the tomato or with turkey bacom cooked first and reheated at the end. Toast is optional.

For the oatmeal, cook 1/2 c old-fashioned oats in 1 c water, same method as rice. When it's done, turn it out into your bowl using a rubber scraper to get every bit out. Turn burner to med. With pot OFF burner add 1/2 c lowfat milk and 1 serving sweetened protein powder and whisk well. Whisk constantly over med heat until it starts to thicken. This goes fast! The custardy texture is lovely on oatmeal, plus the cooking reduces the sweetness.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    I made steel cut oats. prepared ahead, put into ready-to-eat portioned containers. Carbs on a large portion i eat says 39gram ( but I eat more than just 1 portion). Keeps me full, I add raspebrries.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i have usually something along the lines of a donut and black coffee. that holds me for a few hours.
  • Just2Jean
    Just2Jean Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Egg white muffins. Buy carton of egg whites. (Look at ingredients, some have extra 'stuff. Some are only egg whites which is what i buy) simply pour in muffin pan after Adding small amounts of anything. Ground turkey sausage, tomatoe, cheeses, onion...bake for 20 minutes. Ready to go. Next morning, simply grab, heat in microwave and go. Filling and super easy.
  • lwhitman208
    lwhitman208 Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    sjicq9dx7vzt.png
    jb8epanmx3gu.png

Could also be done in muffin form, I just like doing a 13x9 baking dish. Mix up whatever veggies, cheese and meat you like. Very filling.

Forgot! Bake in oven at 330 for 90 min.