Last 10lbs Plateau

Options
So, I have lost 140lbs, and honestly, I am pretty happy. However, my goal was 150lb, and my doctor is still encouraging me to lose the last 10lbs before I get too comfortable. I have hit a plateau. I know that weight training would help. Unfortunately, I can not afford a gym right now. I was wondering if anyone could recommend either an excellent work out routine for at home. (I have some simple weights and a bike at home) or maybe a good workout video. I need to change up what I am doing. Thanks

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Those last 10lbs can be excruciatingly slow. Adjust your goal to 0.5lbs a week, making sure you are using your current weight, and review/tighten your logging.

When we, OK I, have been logging for a long time we are really good at it, we also become a little complacent. Just go through your logging with the eye of a tutor grading a paper.

I had entries that I was still using, after starting a year before, that in all innocence I thought were fine at the time. Nearly spat my coffee out when I saw how absurbd they were when reviewing.

As far as lifting goes, it is good for you so, so do it, just don't expect it to aid in weight loss. Eat back your cals, you need the fuel.
    It will make you stronger and help sculpt your body.

The link above is full of all kinds of programmes. If you wish to start with something simple before progressing to one of them, look at HasFit on YouTube. They have short programmes for absolute beginners.

Cheers, h.

Hasfit is great advice.
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Phoenix69 wrote: »
    So, I have lost 140lbs, and honestly, I am pretty happy. However, my goal was 150lb, and my doctor is still encouraging me to lose the last 10lbs before I get too comfortable. I have hit a plateau. I know that weight training would help. Unfortunately, I can not afford a gym right now. I was wondering if anyone could recommend either an excellent work out routine for at home. (I have some simple weights and a bike at home) or maybe a good workout video. I need to change up what I am doing. Thanks

Is there a YMCA near you? As a non-profit community-based organization, they offer subsidized memberships (you may qualify) and opportunities to volunteer which comes with membership options.