5'1 sw: 265 cw: 205 gw: 150 Feeling stuck

Options
glitterfiedjenabear
glitterfiedjenabear Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2018 in Success Stories
I've struggled with weight my entire life. I can't tell you how many times I've downloaded, deleted, and redownloaded this app. Lol! I started AGAIN April 29th this year. The day before my sons 10th birthday. I'm determined to get to a healthy weight so that I can have another child and not worry about weight related issues. I've lost 60 pound's so far and have about 55 to go. I've been in a plateau for about 3 weeks now and mentally it's exhausting. Working so hard seeing no progress for 3 weeks straight is definitely unmotivating but I'm trying my best to stay positive. When I look in the mirror I see the same old me. I feel the same. I'm stuck still seeing all the flaws and how far I have to go.. I see progress in my photos and get super excited. Then, when I look in the mirror it vanishes again. Not sure where I'm going with this. Just venting my frustration. :p6p7mjvluziw9.jpg

Replies

• Pameleaner
    Pameleaner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You might be stuck at this time but look how far you've come ! You look lovely -such amazing progress.
  • glitterfiedjenabear
    Options
    Thank you SO much!! You just put a huge smile on my face! <3:D
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You have done pretty good so far, you look great. I too find the closer I'm getting to my goal, the difficult it gets, as I need to push myself a little harder. Lately I am loosing nothing or less than a pound per week, but hey, I'm not gaining any weight and I know if I keep going, I'm going to get there. I think it's because when we start pounds disappear easily and once we see the scale not dropping as much as it did before, it's a bit frustrating. Add a few people with similar stats and look at their diaries, work routines, etc. and help each other during those days. Don't give up, you will get there! :)
  • corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I've struggled with weight my entire life. I can't tell you how many times I've downloaded, deleted, and redownloaded this app. Lol! I started AGAIN April 29th this year. The day before my sons 10th birthday. I'm determined to get to a healthy weight so that I can have another child and not worry about weight related issues. I've lost 60 pound's so far and have about 55 to go. I've been in a plateau for about 3 weeks now and mentally it's exhausting. Working so hard seeing no progress for 3 weeks straight is definitely unmotivating but I'm trying my best to stay positive. When I look in the mirror I see the same old me. I feel the same. I'm stuck still seeing all the flaws and how far I have to go.. I see progress in my photos and get super excited. Then, when I look in the mirror it vanishes again. Not sure where I'm going with this. Just venting my frustration. :p6p7mjvluziw9.jpg

You look great! I know its frustrating to stall when you're just ready to floor it into gear! But it will happen just gotta get over the hump in the road.
    My starting weight was 264 and I stalled for at least 3 weeks at 205. I was eating completely by the book. No junk food, just protein, fruits, veggies and healthy fats. I was exercising and everything but no weight loss.

Then one day I was frustrated and went to Golden Corral (a buffet restaurant) and threw my hands in the air. And like magic...my weight loss picked up again.

Could be a coincidence, I don't have a scientific answer for it, but that worked for me. And when I get stuck now I will have a small junk item. And same thing will happen. Maybe it's just a placebo effect. 🤔
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    What an incredible accomplishment you've made so far. Plateaus are normal and expected. Just focus on healthy eating. Print off a picture of you at your highest weight, post it on your mirror. Then when you look in the mirror and feel you haven't made any progress you will have a comparison picture right at hand. You've done an amazing job
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! Stick to your goals, even if the weight doesn't shift right now - it just happens. Look at the pictures 50 times a day if necessary. You've done an awesome job so far, and you'll get the rest, too!
  • heymossy
    heymossy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look great - You're more than half way to your goal! You've come so far since the end of April! Print those side by sides that you posted here and stick them to your mirror.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I understand feeling the frustration. You have come so far and have much to be proud of. Don't give up now! I'm also 5'1" and was over 200lbs. at my highest weight 9 years ago. I'm down almost 100 pounds now and I still have a hard time seeing the new me in the mirror. Have you taken a diet break at all in this time? Diet breaks were crucial for me when I felt stuck and needed a break.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1
  • nicholeunt
    nicholeunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Holy moly girl you look amazing! If you're working out you very well could be gaining muscle and losing fat still. I'm sure you will see a change soon but as others have said you might try to mix things up with your diet and/or exercise routine. I also love the idea of taping this picture to your mirror. You got this!
  • wannabesmaller2017
    Options
    I think you have done amazing!! You are an inspiration! It’s so frustrating when the weight isn’t coming off. I lose very slowly and that can be frustrating, too. But hang in there. If you quit, then it was all for nothing. Stick with it! We will get there!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!