Starting again, again and again.

Options
I am 5' 3" and currently 161lbs. My goal weight is 125lbs. Im looking for a diet but dont know which one, low carb, keto....etc there are so many out there. Any suggestions on what kind if diet I should try?

Replies

• Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    dmak167 wrote: »
    I am 5' 3" and currently 161lbs. My goal weight is 125lbs. Im looking for a diet but dont know which one, low carb, keto....etc there are so many out there. Any suggestions on what kind if diet I should try?

When you go on a diet, you then set yourself up psychologically to expect to come off it once you've achieved weight loss. Then you go back to eating as you did before, which is how you put the weight on in the first place. Do you want a diet or do you want a lifestyle change? To lose weight, you must eat less calories than you use. You don't need any special, fancy or faddy eating plan for that. Set the rate at which you want to lose weight, say .5-1lb per week, and eat within the daily calorie total MFP sets for you. Maybe do a bit of exercise to tone and strengthen. That's basically it.
  • RonyMack
    RonyMack Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You know what? Your right! I always failed following a diet plan so this just might be the right thing for me to do to just count calories. Thank you so much!
    Weigh and log everything and you will succeed! No Beverly Hills flaxseed-anchovy diet needed! ;)
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It’s easy and becomes second nature real fast.
    This is my second time around here....the failure was stopping weighing in after I hit my goal and it just escalated back
    Up 20 lbs in a year.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The best diet is the one you can stick to. :smile:
    As for starting again and again...I can totally relate! I've begun to change my thinking on it. Instead of starting again, it's just continuing on having learned what did or did not work. Best of luck to you!

• tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I really want to try a "diet" of just non-processed foods. (In addition to counting calories) Its really hard though! Calorie counting is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I second what everyone else says!
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    tarcotti wrote: »
    I really want to try a "diet" of just non-processed foods. (In addition to counting calories) Its really hard though! Calorie counting is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I second what everyone else says!

I don't see the point of limiting yourself unnecessarily. If you can be satisfied with the foods you love in the amounts you need to eat to lose and maintain the weight, why not do so?
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Don't look for a diet. Just eat less of whatever you are currently eating. Over time you can make adjustments for satiety and nutrition if needed. Follow @L1zardQueen's suggestion and just count calories using MFP.

Pretty much 100% this. Losing weight (aside from medical conditions that could impede it) is just that simple. Eat less of the things you enjoy. Don't go for crash "this or that", they work, but then they don't (aka yoyo). Slow and steady wins the race.