If every day were like today... You'd weigh xx kg in 5 weeks. Does this work for you?

Options
Does the weight loss shown on completing Diary hold true for you?
Thanks.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Nope, ignore that.
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If it's not working for you then the data you are giving MFP is not accurate. (i.e. your not logging accurately).

Do you care? Well this depends on if your happy with your progress.

Does this mean it is working for you?
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    I kept track of the five week prediction for fun knowing that MFP can not predict your weight five weeks in advance.

Here are my results:
    qclab3ovgysg.png
    I did this for fun, there was a period where I logged my intake poorly and stopped losing weight.

Ignore the five week prediction, if you are over the predicted weight it could be discouraging.

(If you are a geek like me, want to have fun and track this information I created a Google spreadsheet http://bit.ly/MFP-Predict)

Cool spreadsheet! Thanks!
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    No it never works for me, I would ignore it.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I think it works only if all the numbers are correct and that is difficult to do. But logging your food will help you to be mindful of what and how much you are eating.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Every day is rarely the exact same. I don't complete my diary because I don't like seeing a message that's more myth and fable than a work of nonfiction art. I use a trending app (Happy Scale/apple user, but I think Libra(?) is the one for android) that trends my daily weigh-ins and I get a better trajectory of where I'm headed that way.

When I first started, I'd get very excited about the "In 5 weeks..." message, until I realized that it never seemed to work, especially not as I'm getting closer to the normal BMI range.
  • joann23456
    joann23456 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It definitely works for me, within a small margin of error. I write down the prediction every Friday and check.
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use it as a guide and if I have no bad days its not far off , make sure you update you goals when you loose weight or it will be calculating on your original goal.
    It's not an exact science but its not a million miles away - it does discourage you if you god mad and it says "if every day was like today you will weight 500 tons" : )
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I find the trend line on my Libra app much more useful. I never close my diary here, and thus don't see that message anyway.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I don't hit the complete button just so I don't have to see this
  • FrostysHouse
    FrostysHouse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like it as a motivator, but have never tracked it for accuracy.