Progress

Options
Feelings alittle down on my progress lately! Lost 10 pounds so far within a month and trying to lose 10 more! Going to the gym everyday but feel like I haven’t made too much progress in the last week!

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Rethink. In an effort to lose 20lbs, 10 lbs in the first month is very aggressive.

With 10lbs to go, it’s time to start thinking about how you are going to maintain your losses. If you go back to your old ways, you will soon find yourself at your old weight. Or like a lot of folks, old weight +.

Spend some time thinking about and experimenting with your new lifestyle. There’s no point rushing to your goal weight if you can’t adjust and stay there.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with your progress. Your perspective, OTOH, could use a little readjustment.
  • shallenac
    shallenac Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yea I realize It is a lot of weight to put down in a short amount of time and rushing It will just hinder my progress. Just need to rethink my goals and keep on working at It !
  • DiabeticDer
    DiabeticDer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow - now I feel bad about my progress. I only average 6.5 - 7 lbs per month... : (
  • shallenac
    shallenac Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No! Don’t feel that way! Everyone has their own journey. I started off running a lot, and then transitioning to the gym 6 days a week so It really depends. Any progress is good progress
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow - now I feel bad about my progress. I only average 6.5 - 7 lbs per month... : (

Don't! That's fabulous success, you should feel tremendous about it!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    We go to the gym and we go to the kitchen. Going there isn't important, what happens there is.