Has anyone ever tried the online trainers?

Options
I live in a small rural town, it's amazing we have a gym. Problem is I don't have access to a Personal Trainer or a Dietician unless I drive over an hour. I was looking into an online trainer like gymamerica or workoutsathome or something like that and wondered if anyone had any experience with an online trainer service that you would recommend. I understand it will cost so I'm not worried about membership fees. Just want to get one that people have had good experience with.

Replies

• jlb571
    jlb571 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I actually know of an online trainer who is super qualified - he has his master's in strength and conditioning. He also has an online practice where you basically get a personal trainer to tailor-fit your exercises and help you meet your goals. He can walk through it all with you. (I know all of this because he's my brother-in-law and has given me some exercises that have really helped!)

Anyway, his website is www.strengthcoachconcepts.com and his name is Matt Johnson. He's a great brother-in-law and a fantastic trainer! :) Good luck!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll look at the site! Is he the only one there or do I need to request him?
  • jlb571
    jlb571 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sorry I didn't see your response until now. He is the only one. He's pretty awesome, and can tailor your workout to get the results you want. For instance, he actually trains NBA players and recently trained some college football players trying to get into the NFL.
  • chantalbennett
    chantalbennett Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You should consider ordering some workout DVD's. Alot of people have had success with P90X! It's like having a personal trainer right in your home :)