Comments people have made about your weight?

Options
KatieNicole95
KatieNicole95 Posts: 133 Member
edited September 2018 in Motivation and Support
Being an overweight person, I have gotten comments, mostly from older family members or older members of my previous employment about being overweight. Anyone like to share some rude comments they have gotten about being overweight OR underweight?

I got one from a member of my previous employment, "You would be such a pretty girl if you just lost some weight. I just don't understand it."
Or family member, " I don't think she would have those big boobs if she lost some weight."

At the time these hurt my feelings but now I can laugh about them realizing other's comments should be irrelevant. People can be savage sometimes I swear lol. :D

Replies

• mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have never had any comment--ever at my heaviest or lightest. I'm 69---I'm so glad I don't have to put up with the nonsense that seems to follow the youngins now days.
  • iceax123
    iceax123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Had this yesterday from a client, "have you stopped running, as you put a bit of weight on"

My answer, yes 3 kids, both work full time = routine out the window.

Back on it this week though
  • 0nmiwei
    0nmiwei Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    yes I have had rude comments. Family can hurt us the most but for others if they aren't someone important in my life their opinion means very little. Why let someone have that power over you?
  • eadooo
    eadooo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also with ya on the boob comments... people wouldn't comment on the size of a person's thighs, so not sure why everyone feels welcome to comment on boobs...
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I never had anyone say stuff to my face when I was almost 300lbs. When I was 155Lb everyone said anything and everything. It actually came to the point I felt like I was verbally abused
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,972 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Just out of the blue? No, I don't think anyone has commented on my weight. When I've said "no" to some treats, especially when I was much closer to my ideal weight, then yes, I did have people comment on "why not" and when I said I was working on losing 5 pounds, go off on a tirade about how I didn't need to lose any weight.

I've learned to keep my weight goals or plans to myself unless it really comes up in conversation or if I think someone would be as supportive of me as I would be of them (several of my coworkers fall into this category) - but again, I seldom initiate the conversation.

For reference, I'm 5' 7", at my heaviest I was around 163 ish (never got on a scale at that weight), currently around 152, and my goal is somewhere around 128-140 depending on my muscle mass as I get into that range.

I got the most negative comments when I was around 132 and would turn down extra-rich desserts or extra servings of high-calorie foods.