Any over 40 women that have reached goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ingrid77KS
    Ingrid77KS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. You can do it!!! I am 41 years old and I lost 150lbs, and I have been maintaining for about 2 months now. I started at 300lbs and I am currently around 148lbs (5'8"). I have a 4 year old boy, too. I have not been this weight since college and struggled yo-yo'ing for years. But MFP has been my break through. It keeps me honest, and I have never had remorse or regret about what I eat anymore, even on cheat or bad days. I also got really sick, and that woke me up too. I eat well now and I do light cardio every once-in-a-while. Just keep focused and never give up.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    @AnnPT77 , we have such similar stats. You look amazing and I have a few more pounds to go. You’ve been an inspiration to me here in more ways than one—thanks so much!

Aww . . . you're so kind (blush). :flowerforyou:

I'm all about being a cheering squad for the "age is not an insurmountable obstacle" team. :)

You rock!

Love your attitude!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Yes I lost a good amount of weight and I'm well into my 40s.
    I've now changed my weight loss journey more into a fitness one and am loving it.

Good luck!
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Very possible. 5 foot, four inches and my highest weight was 196 lbs. I lost 46 lbs. when I was 50 years old and kept 26 of those pounds off up until now. You do have to watch out for menopause--I regained those pounds due to a combination of menopause and a painful injury that slowed me down for a couple of years (cortisol can affect your weight, alas). Back on track with MFP and down 10 pounds since January. Slow but steady. My ultimate goal is around 140-145, which will put me at a healthy BMI.
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Of course. I am 60, have 4 (grown) kids, decided to make changes when my son announced his engagement. Have lost 70lbs, gone from uk size 20 to uk size 8. Beem maintaining for over a year, have lost all my aches and pains, never been fitter
  • alimackthom
    alimackthom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It’s really inspiring to read your posts I have just started my challenge to loose 20kg before Christmas. I have been on the Lady Shakes so I’m curios to know if anyone has tried a shakes diet?
  • Bellavita32
    Bellavita32 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah it is if you put your mind to it!!! I'm 48 just started back at working out last year went from 157 to 125