Products of Interest: AUSTRALIAN Edition

Options
Orphia
Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
What are some of your favourite or new Australian products that are low-calorie or that you find worth the extra calories?

I'll start:

Steam Fresh frozen microwave vegetable sachets are one of my go-to meal-for-one bases, at around 900 kilojoules a bag. They come in rice & veg, brown rice & barley & veg, quinoa and veg, couscous and veg, or potato and veg. You can buy them in Coles or Woolworths.

I add a small tin of flavoured tuna or salmon at around 400 kilojoules, and maybe a tiny tin of Edgell chickpeas or four bean mix which are around 400 kilojoules, and some chilli sauce.

I also love Chobani flavoured Greek yoghurt at breakfast. Around 550-600 kilojoules with 13 grams of protein.

Replies

• iamabeetle
    iamabeetle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered Smooshed wholefood balls. They are delicious! 6 balls have 1120kj. I got mine from Aldi but I'm sure you can get them elsewhere.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Paradise Vive Lites Caramel Pecan Cookies

I'm in the UK, but my aunt brings me these over. they are amazing and only 44 calories or 186kj

I can text later and ask where she buys them if people can't find them.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Nuttvia - like nutella, but made with natvia not sugar, and no palm oil. Available in coles

Fountain sugar free BBQ and tomato sauce

I prefer woolies label Skyr to chobani - it's only in natural, I flavour it myself. The texture is a lot better imo (thicker). There's also Rokeby Farms yoghurt in woolies.

Sugar free salted caramel icecream (Coles) and vanilla (Coles and woolies). It's not cheap, but cheaper than halo top and more like ice cream imo - not thick and creamy like full fat icecream, but I like it calorie wise!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Nuttvia - like nutella, but made with natvia not sugar, and no palm oil. Available in coles

I prefer woolies label Skyr to chobani - it's only in natural, I flavour it myself. The texture is a lot better imo (thicker). There's also Rokeby Farms yoghurt in woolies.

Sugar free salted caramel icecream (Coles) and vanilla (Coles and woolies). It's not cheap, but cheaper than halo top and more like ice cream imo - not thick and creamy like full fat icecream, but I like it calorie wise!

@livingleanlivingclean You made me Google the Skyr yoghurt. :smile: Turns out they come in Strawberry and Vanilla too.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/649300/woolworths-skyr-natural-yoghurt

Will have to visit my local!

And hey, I didn't know you were in Australia.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

@livingleanlivingclean You made me Google the Skyr yoghurt. :smile: Turns out they come in Strawberry and Vanilla too.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/649300/woolworths-skyr-natural-yoghurt

Will have to visit my local!

And hey, I didn't know you were in Australia.

Yes! I just saw they are available in strawberry and vanilla when I did an online shop this week. Our local shops only seem to do small pots...

I didn't know you were in Australia either! Haha
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    The McCain fish with coconut curry, so that with their steam pouch of new potato s and other veg and I have a meal when im doing overtme at work that fits my calories
  • sadrina1986
    sadrina1986 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am not from Australia, but the macadamia milk from Australia is just a truly blessing.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @livingleanlivingclean mentioned all of the products i was going to recommend lol
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    A friend gave me some flavoured almond milk to try recently - AO brand, available in the aisles at Coles. Again, natvia sweetened (too much can give me issues, not sure about anyone else!), in salted caramel (yum), coffee, and dark chocolate flavours.

About 60-70 cals per 350 mL. I don't normally buy nut milk, but thought that was pretty good? $6 a bottle normally, so I'm waiting til they go on special

The company also makes "breakfast blend" drinks, sold in the fridge, but these had higher cals, and more sugar.
  • Orphia
    Options
    Paradise Vive Lites Caramel Pecan Cookies

I'm in the UK, but my aunt brings me these over. they are amazing and only 44 calories or 186kj

I can text later and ask where she buys them if people can't find them.

@RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Yes, please do!
  • Orphia
    Options
    8ffpbij10c7q.jpeg
    Found these in the Coles Health Food aisle.
    Low calorie, high protein, tasty!!!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    The hi-protein dairy fine yoghurt at Aldi is cheaper than Chobani and just as nice : )
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    iamabeetle wrote: »
    I have just discovered Smooshed wholefood balls. They are delicious! 6 balls have 1120kj. I got mine from Aldi but I'm sure you can get them elsewhere.

We have these in NZ too- I tried them recently, and they’re delicious!!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    My lunch ...

quick_cup_brown_3d.jpg?mode=max&trim.threshold=10&width=300&height=520

228739.jpg

346124.jpg

• Orphia
    Options
    Oh, I LOVE Steam Fresh!!! I buy all the different ones!

I like the pasta&veg ones or the rice&veg ones and I chuck in a small tin of tuna or salmon, and a mini tin of chickpeas or mixed beans.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    If you haven't tried Cadbury choc with kettle chips, please do! And caramel M&m's... Mmm yum!

Has anyone tried Chobani Fit? How does it compare to Yopro in terms of taste and texture?
  • mrslynda
    mrslynda Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like the Heinz and Campbell's chunky soups in winter. As long as you don't have an issue with sodium, they can make a good meal. We always stock up when they are cheap at Coles. I like the butter chicken and tomato curry ones, which have three serves of veggies. They great when I don't know what I want to take to work.

I also like the tinned chicken. I like the mustard mayo, with chickpeas and baby spinach.

If I am low on carbs , brown rice goes good with both the soup or in the chicken salad.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If you haven't tried Cadbury choc with kettle chips, please do! And caramel M&m's... Mmm yum!

Has anyone tried Chobani Fit? How does it compare to Yopro in terms of taste and texture?

I find Chobani Fit and YoPro to be very similar in taste and texture but I will admit that I have only had a couple of each.
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Oh man the caramel mnms. I tried them once a couple of months ago and ate the whole packet, I just can't buy them again, they're too good.
  • Orphia
    edited September 2018
    Options

Oh man the caramel mnms. I tried them once a couple of months ago and ate the whole packet, I just can't buy them again, they're too good.

What's wrong with eating the whole packet? :smiley: I've done it lots of times. Love them!

(ETA Unless you mean you ate a whole family pack?)