Is an iced coffee a few times a week while dropping a dress size counterintuitive

Options
13»

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Here in Germany, if you order an iced coffee in a café, you'll get a tall glass of cold coffee with 1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream, topped with whipped cream and sprinkles. Not exactly calorie friendly.

Dang,,this sounds awesome! >:)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Did someone say coffee? Some times i drink 6 cups a day. A little home made coffee creamer. java java java!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »

I'm completely addicted to caffeine but I don't see the same effect that others seem to. It's really strange. Without caffeine first thing in the morning, I'm a mess. And I need it through out the day too, or else I start to crash. Even drinking caffeine at night doesn't impact my sleep. I'll drink a Monster at 10pm and still be asleep at 11pm.

YeahIknowwhatyoumeanIdrinkalotofcoffeeanditdoesnthaveanyaffectonmeatallIprobablydrinkabouttenortwelvecupsadayandIstillgetatleastsixhoursofsleepaweekbutImnotaddictedIcouldcutoutallcaffeinebutwhyshouldIifitsnotaproblem

At least someone understands. I nap in the middle of the day too since I have no other way to get a boost of energy.

This iced coffee thing is started to sound like a melted coffee milkshake.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Here in Germany, if you order an iced coffee in a café, you'll get a tall glass of cold coffee with 1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream, topped with whipped cream and sprinkles. Not exactly calorie friendly.

Dang,,this sounds awesome! >:)
    Yup. I'm banking my calories and moving to Germany! ;)

• strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes and if you ordered an iced coffee in Australia you wouldn't get a black coffee with ice in it - you would get some milky creamy icecreamy coffee flavoured concoction.

Or you could buy a carton of iced coffee which would be the coffee flavoured version of chocolate milk.

Neither of the above anywhere near 5 - 10 calories.

I know, confusing when everyone everywhere doesn't call things by the same names as you.

True. An iced coffee usually comes with milk, coffee and ice cream. Coffee, milk and ice is an iced latte, while coffee, water and ice is an iced long black.
  • chris1981
    chris1981 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love iced coffee and fraps. I make my own homade ones which is around 110cals for a large and similar to Starbucks.

Black coffee 1/4 cup
    Skimmed milk 1/2 cup
    Jordans skinny syrup
    Ice 1 cup
    Maple syrup 15 MLS
    Xantham gum dissolved in a little water to bind it all together.
    Blend and enjoy 😀
    Skip the maple syrup if you want to drop calories further
  • Beckenzahler
    Beckenzahler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im in SEA. Here an iced coffee is loaded with sugar and sweetened condensed milk. Dont know how many kcal in one of those bad boys, my best guess is "a lot!".
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I haven't traveled much out of state, but here in CA if I order an iced coffee at any coffee shop, the barista will ask if I want cream or sweetener, but I can always get it just black. It's interesting that in other places cream and sweetener are automatically added. I probably need to get out more.