how long did it take you to lose 65 pounds

Options
and how did you do it i was looking at tricker and then noticed i had 65 pounds to lose and it kind of mad me fell bad becase thats a lot of weight to lose

Thanks
-Amanda

Replies

• webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    yeah, it can be pretty daunting to look at where you want to get to from where you are today, sometimes. so -- i never do that.

for me, it's all about the next pound ... the next size down in clothes ... the next glass of water ... the next time i drive by a fast food joint instead of driving through. :) for me, what's working is focusing on small, easy to reach goals. lots more successes that way.

go for it -- you can do this. :)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'm not down 65lb yet, I'm about 54 or 55lb down or something but it's taken 5 months. However, I was stuck for 2.
  • carlosdon
    carlosdon Posts: 125
    Options
    took me 2 1/2 years, but i lost most of that in under a year.
  • DLPenny
    DLPenny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    it took me Jan- Aug. too loose 65 pounds
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I started in January 2010. In June 2011 I had lost 65 pounds. I didn't start in earnest until March 2010, but my health records show that I had lost 5 lb since January. So a little more than a year. I still need to lose 20 -25 more. I wish you success. This website will help you and you will receive a lot of needed support if you reach out to others.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    65lbs is about the total amount of weight I needed to lose too. I started in April this year and have lost 40lbs so far. :smile: 25 more pounds to go!

Don't be discouraged! Some people have lost 100, 200 or even more pounds. Dedication, patience and education will make sure you will get there.
  • val_140
    val_140 Posts: 75
    Options
    I've lost 65, I started at the end of August of last year.. So about a year.. Although I did put "pause" on my lifesyle for 2 months, so I kinda gained 10 and had to lose them again.. It is overwhelming.. As I started this journey I just thought of the number 100 and I was like "Wow, I have to lose all that?" But like someone mentioned earlier, focus on the little goals and slowly they add up.. Look at me now, I only have 40 to go and I could not be more pleased!! It is WORTH it!! :) Good Luck! And you can do it!!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    PS: I started out using Weight Watchers, but I found counting calories was easier for me. It was really about portion control, because I always ate health food, just too much of it.
  • fatreddhead
    Options
    Im down about 80 pounds its been 10 months since I started.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm down 43 and I started Jan. 1' 2011. Hubby has lost 90 since October. Everyone is different. I work at goals of 5 lbs per month. if you set your sights too high you will get frustrated and may give up. Take it slow... Figure out your goal. Count out the months 5 lbs at a time then add 2 more for safe measure. if you meet your goal early then you've done a great job and had a great lesson in patience and endurance. it's a lifestyle, not a race! good luck!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've been down on myself lately about only having lost 25 pounds in 25 weeks. And then I picked up a 25-pound weight! I didn't gain it overnight so I shouldn't expect to lose it all overnight. Slow and steady will win this race!
  • chastitykelly
    chastitykelly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 7 months to lose 40, but I'm taking it slow. I'm really busy with school right now, and I am short on time to workout and have to eat out more than I'd like, since I commute and live too far from campus to go home and cook. It's all about your situation, and how fast your dr. says you should go. My doctor told me that if I lose 50 lbs per year, for 2 years, I'd be right on track, and I'm a little a head of that. ^_^
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    It took me about three months, I have been doing this for a total of 7 months and I am down over 140 lbs. In the beginning I cut carbs down, avoided fats, and dairy. And then after 5 months I starting reintroducing the carbs and dairy. Stayed strict and never cheated. Didn't drink any alcohol as well.
  • brazilian27
    Options
    I took 8 months but I was exercising daily and super consistent on my diet I don't know how I did lol
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My goal is also to lose 65 lbs. I started on May 12th to be exact. So in 3 months I have lost 9 lbs. I fell off the wagon a few times during the past 3 months..I am averaging about a 1 lb/wk loss. When I first joined here...my goal was to lose 2 lbs a week. I was not being realistic enough for myself...I know it's possible, but just not for me...not yet anyway.

Good luck to you.