Cravings

Options
jms57
jms57 Posts: 11 Member
How do you deal with/ avoid chocolate cravings? I am having a hard time with this!

Replies

• Barbaramax
    Barbaramax Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    fiber one bars are good...140cal.
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    Just plan on having some -- if you plan it in your calories and work for it, then it will be fine. The more you tell yourself you can't have it, the more you'll want it.
  • jessicacable14
    Options
    NUTELLA!!!!!!!!!!! It's so good. I like to make a nutella and banana sandwich on wheat bread and it does the trick!
  • Elysian13
    Options
    I get chocolate silk soy milk (90 cals) or eat 1 kashi chocolate chip cookie. 130cals!!! Never deny yourself, you'll go crazy! I eat what I love in moderation.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I dont. If I want something, I have it. I just make sure to plan so it fits into my calories for the day. If I have to exercise a little more to accomodate it, oh well.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I eat semi-sweet baking chocolate chips. They are pretty much the only chocolate I keep in the house since I suck at self control. I also like the sugar free individual size jello chocolate pudding cups - they are 60cal each.
  • TanyaDelAngel
    TanyaDelAngel Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ovaltine powder is just 40 cals= 2tbs! + 1 cup of soy milk is 90, it is very delicious
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I dont. If I want something, I have it. I just make sure to plan so it fits into my calories for the day. If I have to exercise a little more to accomodate it, oh well.

same with me.
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    oh, i can relate!!! i think what's helped me the most is having a few low cal sweets around all the time. i keep chocolate pudding (Jello - Sugar Free, 60 calories) and fudgesicles (No Sugar Added. 40 calories) in the house at all times! I try to save enough calories thru the day so that i can have one of these sweet treats at the end of every day. knowing i'm gonna be able to satisfy my craving at the end of the day helps me make it thru. hope this helps! :-)
  • PJFaber
    PJFaber Posts: 47
    Options
    Get Dove dark chocolate promises. They are small and help with the cravings. Just make sure that you only eat a serving or less. One or two usually helps me.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Just plan on having some -- if you plan it in your calories and work for it, then it will be fine. The more you tell yourself you can't have it, the more you'll want it.

agreed...im a chocolate lover also...and thats what i do ...plan for it and have it...though i am eating the dark chocolate rather than the milk:sad: ...good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Same here. I'll usually try to leave a good bit of calorie "left overs" in case I have a serious chocolate craving and if I go over slightly I exercise more.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I eat those fat free chocolate pudding snack packs. 80 cals.
    There's fudge pops you can get that have 60 calories.
  • weightlossme
    Options
    rich dark chocolate - and just two small squares enjoyed with a glass of Red or a cuppa - once a week - then you sit there and enjoy without feeling gulity, take time to eat it really slowly - the massive antioxidents do you good, the wonderful smell and taste of real chocolate does you good as well- and then the next day you just watch your calories and perhaps do a little more incidental excercise - like take 5 trips up the stairs with the washing instead of 2 or do 10 squats here and there ect
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Keep a dark chocolate bar around and have a square or 2 when you get the cravings! and there are antioxidants!
    I also have low-fat fudge bars, 70 cals each.. I think they are the Sobey's brand.
  • daveytrouble
    Options

Same. Except with booze
  • hstallings13
    Options
    I don't deny, I plan it into my day cause trying to ignore cravings, espically when you are first trying to change eating habits is hard. So I figure it in and leave a little playing room cause I don't want the craving to overwhelm me and then I end up eating waaaaay to much of it and feeling awful about it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Comp calories for it and eat it.
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Same.

Eat a little of the good stuff when you want it - really savour it - and avoid a binge. That is me anyway!
  • IvyDroid
    Options
    I don't eat any. I find even if I fit a small chocolate biscuit into my diary, I want to eat another right away, and then I become depressed that I either can't eat any more and the taste is so good, or I give up and eat another 2..3..10....

I find if I just don't eat any, it's easier for me. I try to have something healthy like a banana if I get a any cravings, or drink a glass of water.