Hello to the help I need

Options
Hi there everyone
My name is melissa and I’m 32yrs old I have two kids little miss who is 4yrs and little moo who is 4months old (boy).
I am currently 107kg and have pretty much been a heavy girl most of my life.
I have lost weight a few times but gained it back some way or another and seem to always end up at the same point. Hating myself and asking why can’t I lose the weight and keep it off.
I do admit to the May excuses I have given myself over the years a few being ohh I have PCOS which makes it harder to lose weight. Ohh I have had back surgery and I’m sore. Which isn’t wrong I get really sore but that is due to my weight and not excersising. See I know what I have to do it’s just following it. Having the strength to say no I’m not going to eat that cake or cook those brownies as you know you will eat them all.
So after many many diets and programs I’m stuck I need this lifestyle change more now than ever as soon I won’t be able to life my son out of the cot as he is getting too heavy. The danger of causing more damage to my back is very high. I need motivation. I need friends who will help me give me tips and tricks and keep me on track. Accountability for my actions.
Would there be any friends out there that have been through or going through this?
I’ve never really reached out before for help. My family are supportive but to a point. Hubby still buys hips and snacks and that makes it so hard to say no when i know there in the cupboard.
Is there anyone out there with any advice on where to start or how to start?

Replies

• fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Read the introductory posts in the forum on getting started.
    And i can really recommend joining a few groups/threads on here to stay accountable. My favourite is "just give me 10 days"
  • melissac278
    melissac278 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So how do the threads work
    Can you just join them and read what other people say or comment on things? How do you request to be someones friend?
  • Cant_think_of_a_username
    Options
    Hi Melissa,

Obviously not everyone wants to look like Arnie - but for me he hit the nail on the head with regard to motivation when he said "What are you more hungry for is really the question, this was always my question. Am I more hungry to be Mr Olympia, or am I more hungry to eat like everyone else out there and therefore look like everyone else?"

What he really means is that when you are feeling tempted or doubting yourself (and at times you will) - think about your goals and why they are important to you. Being there in good shape for your children's future is just about the most powerful motivation I can think of, so I am sure you will be able to achieve your goals.
  • leex2782
    leex2782 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey I really struggle with motivation. I am 36 and currently 135kg and it’s hard to keep motivated