Bowling Shoes

Options
DickVernon
DickVernon Posts: 257 Member
When asking for your size, do you lie?

Woman, do you say a much smaller size so they don't think you sailed in on two Queen Marys? And men, do you say a much bigger size, especially if the clerk is a lady?

"Um, yes, I am a size 12 ;) "

Replies

• brotato_chip7
    brotato_chip7 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    No
  • doubleap77
    doubleap77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a pair of your own bowling shoes and this problem goes away.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    DickVernon wrote: »
    When asking for your size, do you lie?

Woman, do you say a much smaller size so they don't think you sailed in on two Queen Marys? And men, do you say a much bigger size, especially if the clerk is a lady?

"Um, yes, I am a size 12 ;) "

Nope. I never lie. I actually say, "men's size 10 please." Men's bowling shoes are more comfortable. Remember going with a cousin of mine, and he wears size 15. The whole area grew quiet. He was embarrassed by it. An older cousin wears size 17, and the highest they had in that NJ bowling alley was 15. He sqooshed his feet into those smaller shoes, because he wanted to bowl.

We're Pacific Islanders, both men and women have big feet. Why be uncomfortable? It's silly. It's like buying Levi's jeans in the 80's and 90's ... If you're tall, buy men's jeans and have them adjusted. 🤷
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    I havent rented bowling shoes since i was a kid. I dont think i like the idea of sharing sweaty shoes with strangers....
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I take a boys size 4 and a girls size 5. If I lied my feet would be swimming in them.

You're lucky. I was 6 years old when I had to wear my mum's new stilletos to stretch them out. She wears US women's size 10.5. My sister and I would put them on and dance pretending to be dancers in "Staying Alive" or "Saturday night fever" or "Lambada."
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd pair of bowling shoes in 25 years.

Being that you bowl professionally, that's impressive @3 pairs.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I havent rented bowling shoes since i was a kid. I dont think i like the idea of sharing sweaty shoes with strangers....

The imagery of all the little bacteria critters ... Ewwwww. Thanks a lot! Yuck! I was in my early 20's then. I have my own pair now, having friends who bowl often for fun. I need to bleach my mind from your prompters reactive mental pictures. Eww.

I would never have pegged you as a germaphobe.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options

The imagery of all the little bacteria critters ... Ewwwww. Thanks a lot! Yuck! I was in my early 20's then. I have my own pair now, having friends who bowl often for fun. I need to bleach my mind from your prompters reactive mental pictures. Eww.

When it comes to feet im bad. Seeing nast feet in sandals or flip flops can set me off. People with dorito chips as toenails should keep them out of sight.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Options

When it comes to feet im bad. Seeing nast feet in sandals or flip flops can set me off. People with dorito chips as toenails should keep them out of sight.

Same. Foot fungus, calluses ... Ewwwww.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options

not even germaphobe so much, wearing someone else's shoes is just ....... wrong.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

not even germaphobe so much, wearing someone else's shoes is just ....... wrong.

It is ... In this case the shoes belongs to the bowling alley. Renting shoes is an American thing ... When in Rome ...🤗
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    If I did that, I wouldn't get the right sized shoe. I don't care what a stranger, or anyone else, thinks about my shoe size.