Weight gaining friends...

Options
2»

Replies

• imorris2224
    imorris2224 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Finally found support for weight GAIN!! This app works amazingly well but would like to help support each other to reach goals. I see the last post is from April here and hope to interest others with weight gaining tips, exercise and making this fun instead of a chore! Any bites? (that was supposed to be funny ;-)
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Kaela545 wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to this as well. Currently I am underweight and have a high metabolism. I need to gain at least 25 pounds. Any suggestion please. I would really appreciate it.

You don’t have a fast/ high metabolism. If you’re underweight you’re simply not eating enough. Unless it’s a hormonal issue it all comes down to eating more to gain weight or eating less to lose weight. Find calorie dense foods to help increase daily caloric intake. If you’re not tracking what you eat, I suggest you do so, you’re prob under eating (obv since you’re not gaining)
  • jods2014
    jods2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yei17 wrote: »
    Eat oatmeal, lots or rice, beans, bread, CARBS CARBS CARBS! Carbs are your best friend when gaining weight don't believe the “carbs are bad myth.” You need carbs to slow down the metabolism—> to gain weight—>consume protein with carbs!!—> to gain muscle :) oh and workout. No weak workout, go all out!

I eat carbs in every mean and try to get the protein in. The fast all going to my belly
  • gjvtorres
    gjvtorres Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    btho1627 wrote: »
    I’m new to this whole thing, I was curious as to what I needed to eat to help gain without indulging too much into junk. I’m trying to gain 11lbs in a month.

11 lbs in a month isn't a great idea unless you want to gain at least 10 of those pounds in fat. When it comes to gaining, slower is better.

I wish I could gain 11lbs of muscle in a month. Something more realistic for me is 1lb a month. And that's at 3000 calories a day, macro ratios of 40C-20F-40P

Definitely take the time to do it right.
  • empresslove295
    empresslove295 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm so glad there is others who is trying to gain weight as well I'm always seeing weight loss.