Trouble hitting carbs

Hi guys, new here (first post, been lurking a lot soaking in knowledge lol).

I've been tracking my calories/meals etc for a couple weeks and while i think i'm doing okay, I seem to be having a little trouble hitting my carb targets. Don't get me wrong, i'm under by about 30 or so, every so often (sometimes i manage to hit above), but this is gonna add up over time, right?

I consume quite a lot of rice, oats, potatoes and bread and also recently added a bit of yoghurt too, but i'm wondering if anyone can offer any advice to improve here please?

I'm finding if i try to balance, i usually overshoot on protein or fat while just hitting carbs, and visce versca.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

Replies

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    What are your macros? Just curious because if you are eating a lot of carb foods and still not hitting your carb target, it must be quite high. Anyway...
    If it's not happening every day and you're somewhat close to your macro targets, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • recodeexistance
    recodeexistance Posts: 51 Member
    Hey there :)

Macro targets are as follows;

C = 373, F = 99, P = 149

I'm 5'6 or 5/7 (haven't actually checked my height in years lol!), and weighed 149lbs when i started tracking a couple weeks ago. Just using the website's generic recommendation as far as TDEE and daily macros go.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Also check you're using accurate entries from the database. Some only list calories, with protein, fat and carbs listed as zero!
  • mrslynda
    mrslynda Posts: 50 Member
    I agree with the above. I have a minimum protein I work hard to get, an more ideal amount of protein to get - so minimum 1gram per kilo . Fat I am usually over because it's easy for me to get. I do eat a lot of carbs, but I don't always hit my goal. I find carbs quite filling, and notice when my carbs are way under, but then my calories are under in that case. If you feel fine, and have enough energy don't sweat it.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I avg 330-430g carbs a day - feel free to check my diary out (protein is 130g and fats in the 65-80g range)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Hey there :)

Macro targets are as follows;

C = 373, F = 99, P = 149

I'm 5'6 or 5/7 (haven't actually checked my height in years lol!), and weighed 149lbs when i started tracking a couple weeks ago. Just using the website's generic recommendation as far as TDEE and daily macros go.

Your fine. If you are hitting the protien and even a tad shy of fat, the carbs is a preference and a filler for the most part here. I wouldn't be concerned if a little short assuming I felt motivated to train and I was hitting my progressing according to plan.