Anti-inflammatory diet

2»

Replies

• ElizabethMilwaukee
    ElizabethMilwaukee Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2018
    I am wondering how long the people with auto immune diseases and pain actually stuck 100% to an Anti Inflammatory Diet? (Zero gluten, zero dairy, zero sugar, no sugar substitutes, no caffeine, no potatoes or potato starch, little to no fruits with carbs, Apple Cider Vinegar before every meal, no processed food, etc.)
    I have been on a strict Anti Inflammatory Diet for the past 5 weeks with much success to treat my Fibromyalgia and my pain has been GREATLY reduced. I have only "cheated" one day. I have also lost weight. Whole grain and dairy are the worst for me. I would never lecture anyone about what to do with their bodies.
    Sticking to this meal plan has completely changed my view on food. And, yes I still eat a lot of food on this diet but it does involve A LOT of cooking. I can still eat chocolate (85% cocoa or more) I eat a ton of berries & a lot of cashews, tomato sauce, zoodles, garlic. You can NOT be a picky eater to be on this meal plan and you have to love veggies, berries, garlic, and almonds.

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    isnijo wrote: »
    I'm 69. Due to joint and muscle pains in my legs, walking even a short distance is becoming increasingly difficult. I am anxious to regain my mobility and am considering a diet plan to eliminate foods that may be aggravating my condition. Is anyone following such a plan and could give me some advice, please?

Welcome @isnijo

As you can read different things works for different people.

At age 63 walking was limited to like 100 feet without needing to rest. I did not want to give up but had already bought a mobility cart and used them at Krogers and WalMart. The pain has been high for years.

On a hunch I got into coconut oil in a major way for mental clarity and shortly afterwards on a hunch Oct 2014 I left off food with added sugars and or any form of any grain cold turkey since I could never taper off of them.

In thirty days I had lost about 60% of my pain and now 4 years later I am seldom limited a pain and can walk miles without resting. Keeping my total daily carb level under 50 grams but not by much may have been key in my health recovery because it stopped 40 years of binging on high carb high fat foods.

Keep working to learn the Way Of Eating that works best for you because we are somewhat different.

Now 4 years later I spent today at the age of 67 rebuilding on a 70 year old tractor engine like I played on when I was 3 and started driving when I was 5. I can not tell you how you need to eat but I expect there is a way out there with your name on it. :)