Slow cooker recipes

brandy_losinit
brandy_losinit Posts: 21 Member
Hiyas! I just got a 6qt pressure cooker at aldis for 40.00! Now i need recipes. Anyone?

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    My favorite for a nice piece of beef is SUPER EASY. It's literally- beef, a pouch of the Liptons Onion Soup mix that comes in the blue box, and a cup of water.
  • davidduggin
    davidduggin Posts: 11 Member
    Go to All Recipes.com and type in slow cooker recipes. They have a bunch.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Your title says slow cooker but you say you just got a pressure cooker.
  • brandy_losinit
    brandy_losinit Posts: 21 Member
    lucys1225 wrote: »
    Your title says slow cooker but you say you just got a pressure cooker.

Lol! I just realized that. I meant pressure cooker. I have a slow cooker already... bless my heart. It does have slow cooker settings.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Not sure how to adjust the recipe from slow cooker to pressure cooker, but Salsa Verde Chicken is my go to.
    Interesting. I would order a chicken, spinach and creme cheese burrito at a Mexican restaurant. I made it at home a few times after I left the area were that restaurant was located. Your idea sounds like a great way to make it, adding spinach.

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Not sure how to adjust the recipe from slow cooker to pressure cooker, but Salsa Verde Chicken is my go to.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 blocks Neufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese)
    1 jar salsa verde

Low for 8 hours or high for 5. Shred chicken and let sit for 10-15 min to thicken.

It's easy, cheap, and FREAKING AWESOME.

I do something similar. Instead of salsa verde I add diced tomato, green chili, black beans and corn. 8-10 hours on low...AMAZING!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    One of my favorites. You can use 1 lb. 93% lean ground beef if you prefer, just adjust the calories. Makes 6 big servings.
    Crock Pot Lasagne

The Ingredients:

1.5 tsp basil, dried
    1 tsp oregano, dried
    1 container (1 4/5 cup (121g) ea.), Diced Tomatoes, No Salt Added, Canned
    6 oz(s), Tomato Paste, 100% Natural
    1 large, Onions, raw
    2 clove(s), Garlic, raw
    0.25 cup(s), Water - Municipal
    0.50 cup(s), Egg substitute - Liquid
    8 oz(s), Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    0.50 cup(s), Cheese, parmesan, grated
    1 container (15 pieces (51g) ea.), Lasagne No Boil Pasta
    1 container (3 cups ea.), Veggie Crumbles
    1 container (3 4/5 cups ea.), Low Fat Ricotta Cheese

The Directions:

Saute onions until a little soft. Add diced tomatos, tomato paste, water, garlic and herbs. Add veggie crumbles. If sauce seems a bit thick or dry, add up to 1 cup additional water.

Mix ricotta and egg substitute until smooth. Set aside about ½ cup shredded mozzarella. Mix the rest in with the ricotta.

Start layering:
    --put a ladle-full of sauce mixture into the bottom of your crockpot.
    --top with a layer of dried lasagna noodles. You'll have to break them to fit
    --smear ricotta cheese on top of lasagna noodles
    --ladle on some more of the meat sauce
    --top with more dry noodles and repeat layers until crock is to desired capacity, ending with noodles, then sauce on top.

cover and cook on low for 8 hours, high for 4.
    Check noodles an hour before serving, and push the top ones down into the liquid if they are getting too hard or are curling up. Add remaining shredded cheese and ½ cup grated parmesan.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Here is another:

2 large eggs
    3/4 cup Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim)
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/2 Cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup Ketchup
    3/4 cup dry plain Bread crumbs
    1 tbsp Parsley, dried
    1 tsp Dill weed, dried
    1 tsp Onion powder
    1 tbsp, Dried Minced Onions
    1 tsp Garlic powder
    4 tblspoon Buttermilk Powder
    2 lb, Beef - Ground, 90% lean meat / 10% fat, raw (hamburger)

Directions:
    Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. Allow to soften (about 20 minutes). Combine this mixture with ground beef, onion, and ketchup. Mound in a greased crockpot. Cover the top of the mixture with additional ketchup. Put the cover on and turn crockpot on high for 15 minutes, then reduce to low and cook for 7 hours.
  • jscot002
    jscot002 Posts: 9 Member
    Make soups, stews or casserole. Buy bones with meat or a small chicken or stewing steak. Add onion, tomatoes carrot, celery glaric and any basic herbs or spices you like. 1cup water or enough water to cover 3/4 if tightly packed. Cook, strip the meat when well cooked, discard bones. Taste, decide if soup or stew. As a small household I also now divide into portions and freeze. This is your basic meat stock which can also be used for stew pasta or curries. For soup add water and any other veg, for stew add potato pumpkin, carrots wine etc to cooker. Curry: add spices, a banana to thicken, left over chutney to flavour veg etc. For satay add peanut butter.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Last month someone (I don't remember who) suggested making slow cooker pull pork with pork tenderloin. I don't care for pork tenderloin but I gave it a try. Pulled Pork tenderloin in a slow cooker is very good. (Carolina Style of course) One of my favorite meals with less fat.
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    LENTIL SOUP

This is great as leftovers and freezes well, too.

5 cups of water
    1/4 cup fresh parsley or 2 tbsp dried parsley
    1 1/2 cups dry lentils
    2 medium carrots, sliced (I usually use a bag of frozen)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 celery stalks, sliced
    15 oz tomato sauce

Mix ingredients together in slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours. 15 minutes in pressure cooker with quick release.

I usually cook up some ditalini or elbow pasta to serve in the soup.