Starting a new long journey

Options
Hello all,

I'm a single parent starting a new long journey (lots of weight to loose) to better health. If you are on a similar journey, or not, and are looking for a new friend please feel free to add me. I think this will be easier with some new friends to share the journey with.

Thanks and good luck!

Replies

• meekamoo72
    meekamoo72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It’s the start of my long hard journey too.. but we can do it, good luck! 😊
  • aeborowski
    aeborowski Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck!
  • starkspot
    starkspot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started that journey a year and a half ago. Still have 70+lbs to go. Lost 100lbs in the first year, and have plateaued a bit, but blood sugar, cholesterol, BP are all down. Building lean muscle, and chipping away at the fat. I’ll be 53 in a couple weeks. Be encouraged that if I can get on the right track, it’s possible for many. Hard work and self discipline have not characterized my life. I won’t go to a gym, and I won’t follow a “diet plan.” I knew if I couldn’t do it at home, and eat “real” food, it wasn’t going to happen. I finally saw a nutritionist to help me break this plateau, but only because my insurance covers it. I’ve always said that it’s easy for people with money to get healthy. I’m not one of those. I’m sure I’d see more progress if I could afford a personal trainer and all the hippy-dippy food, but us regular folks have to do what we can. For me, i looked at my 376lbs, my test results and my age, and knew it was time to make a choice: Get busy living, or get busy dying (to quote The Shawshank Redemption). Anyway, all that to say, good for you in making the choice to get busy living. You can do it.
  • Adele_D
    Adele_D Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    Wow! Parenting is hard but being a single parent is even more so! I hope you crush all of your goals!!
  • lytningbolts
    lytningbolts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey today, too. The great thing about this community is that everyone started at some point so everyone has been where we are today. Good luck on this journey. You can do it!