it took me a year to lose 60
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yup. Me. 53 in 4.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That's might be a bit much but can be done. Recommended is .5-2 lbs/week depending on how close to your goal you are. The closer to goal you are the slower the weight comes off. Give it a try! As long as you're watching your intake and exercising you will lose.

Good luck on your journey!
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That breaks down to about 2.5 pounds a week, which is hard to do every week. The first few weeks sure, but after that it will slow down a bit. You must have a big event coming up huh? ;)
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I've done 57 in four months. That said, 8-10 lbs. a month has been my average lately. I'd aim for 40 lbs. and hope for 50 so as not to disappoint yourself! :)
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    I have lost 50 lbs in 6 months with the help of medical weight loss program, lots of exercise and dedication.
  • diiiimond
    diiiimond Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yup. Me. 53 in 4.

hooooww?!
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I lost about 50 pounds from November to August.. not five months, more like 10 months. But I'm fairly confident that I can keep it off for good, too. I started tracking my nutrition here on MFP and at the same time began C25K. After I finished C25K, I began training for a half marathon (6 months away). Now the half marathon is in 8 weeks, and I'm the smallest I've been since about 10th grade, and still losing. After the half, I plan on beginning training for a Warrior Dash. I know it seems like a lot of running to someone starting out, but just remember, this time last year, I was pretty much where you are now. Just think where you can be in a year, too. It's amazing.
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yup. Me. 53 in 4.

hooooww?!

MFP :heart:
  • marquesajen
    Options
    It is possible. For some. If you think you can do it and know you will not slip up, will work out with great dedication and will eat with great discrimination then you could be one of those people.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have lost 95 in 9 months
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    43lbs in 5 months.. so close.. Definately doable - depending on how much you have to lose and how hard you work on maintaining you healthy eating and exercise regime
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I lost 51 pounds in 4 months, but I had a lot to lose. Depends on how much you have to lose. The less you have to lose, the harder it is to lose it.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs in 7 months doing two spin classes a week, but I had the fat to lose. I don't want to say that I doubt you can achieve your goal, but don't be hard on yourself if you don't make it. Here are some suggestions:

1. Don't try to do too much too fast (eating far too few calories, not eating back your exercise calories if you burn a lot, etc), you may lose more weight at first, but you'll only plateau faster as your body will attempt to retain the fat it does have
    2. Don't just do cardio. If you incorporate strength training as well, you will look like you've lost more weight than you truly did. It will also prevent you from losing muscle, which will only cause you to shoot yourself in the foot.
    3. Learn how to eat properly. It's more about portion control then anything.
    4. Don't weigh yourself daily, most of the time it only causes heartache and frustration.
    5. Remember that you didn't gain it all in a day, you won't lose it in a day.
  • emandbensmom
    Options
    As of yesterday, I have lost 53 in 20 weeks.
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    I'm 209.. I want to get my pre pregnancy weight which is 162.. is that alot?
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    on my 4th month i had lost 43 pounds so it is possible if you exercise and stay with in you calorie goal :0) much luck girl
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 209.. I want to get my pre pregnancy weight which is 162.. is that alot?

It took you 9 months to gain it, so figure 9 months to lose it and if you do it sooner, all the better!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I did 70 in 7 months, so it can be done-- it's just 2.5 lbs per week. But I'll be honest with you, I gained 35 of it back after two years-- so something didn't stick.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 10 months to lose 32 pounds so I am not sure. I had unrealistic views that I was going to actually lose 1-2 lbs per week. There were weeks where I did not lose at all.