Lost control this weekend

Options
I went to two birthday parties this weekend (fri and sat).

I have eaten some valentine's candy brought home from my kids from their valentine's party at school since thursday.

Today I am going to a Going Away brunch.

I should not have gone on the scale this morning but did. I am depressed as it appears as if I gained two pounds in two days.

I am depressed ... i have no control...no will power

ugh!!!!!!!

Melissa

Replies

• Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    I went to two birthday parties this weekend (fri and sat).

I have eaten some valentine's candy brought home from my kids from their valentine's party at school since thursday.

Today I am going to a Going Away brunch.

I should not have gone on the scale this morning but did. I am depressed as it appears as if I gained two pounds in two days.

I am depressed ... i have no control...no will power

ugh!!!!!!!

Melissa
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Its Okay! Everyone deserves a cheat day. I have noticed that if you weigh every single day your weight will vary. Like if on monday I weigh 145, then tues, 143, wed, 147, I know that I really weigh about 145 because that is the average. They say to weigh at the exact same time every time you weigh and take the average and that is your true weight. They say to do this because some of the food that you ate before you weigh could still be in your stomach and that can cause you to weigh more and many other factors like that. Trust me. One day of mistakes will not hurt you. You probaby earned it!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It happens trust me...... I did that so many times. Somehow the weekend gets us out of our routine... But you know what, every day is a brand new day and you just have to keep on going....
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I guarantee you some of that is water retention. Birthday party food usually has a high sodium content. You'll be surprised if you get back on track and add a little more exercise how fast those two pounds will disappear!! Hang in there - we all slip up for a while (I went over 2000 calories on both thurs and fri :noway: ) But the thing about being healthy is not that you're perfect, but that you allow the slips and then get back to it. Enjoy your brunch, then hit it again and you will be fine!! Hang in there - it gets better :flowerforyou:
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    Just came back from the brunch. :devil:

After entering the food I ate I have five calories left for today. :noway:

I think I will walk this afternoon.:embarassed:

I will try to stay positive. :ohwell:

Thanks for the feed back. :wink:
  • shabby4
    Options
    I went out of town this weekend with my husband and my college roomies for a wine tour......six wineries later I felt so bloated and overstuffed that I'm too scared to step on the scale today. I guess we just need to get back on track. I'm finding it easy to exercise regularly, not so easy to eat right! :cry:
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    I also hit up my daughter's candy this weekend. Now I remember why I do not keep candy in the house, I have no willpower. But I am moving on from here and I will continue to do what I have to do. We are allowed to make mistakes; the important thing is that we get up and keep moving after we fall.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I think part of being here is learning what works and what doesn't, where are your weakness but also, where are your strengths. I also had a challenging week end. I did great on Friday, taking healthy snacks to the zoo, eating a SMALL salad for lunch, then coming home for dinner and working 600 calories on the machine. Yesterday was worse. I ate breakfast and took snacks, but left them in the car, which seemed miles away when I wanted them. I had a turkey sandwich at the rugby game, complete with lots of salad mix, so that was okay. But then I broke down and had a muffin. Then my nephew chose Izzy's for his birthday dinner. I had one small, what I thought was small, serving of each item that I wanted, only about two bites of each--rice, mac and cheese, baked beans, etc. By the time I finished that, I was fullish feeling so I chose two slices of pizza, ate one, could not eat the other. One of thier little tiny cookies and about half a cup of ice cream later and I was done. I haven't even logged it all in, but I think the muffin really killed the calorie count. Anyway, today I feel tired, and starved. I ate breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack, and can't wait for dinner. I'm drinking lots of water, took a nap, and plan to do exercise before the day is out. What I learned from the experience is that it's too soon in the program for me to think about going off my regular plan. It provided good information for what I need to do during my trip in April. I don't weigh for a long time, so I have lots of time to work it off.