30 Day Splits Training Challenge

123457»

Replies

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Thank you @mom23mangos for showing me this thread! I'm excited to start :)

Splits and handstand practice begins tonight after work!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I just found this thread too, thanks @mom23mangos !

I used to be able to do the splits easily when I was younger. I'm now 51.

I started practicing the splits daily on July 10 2018:

fhafguxvuffg.png
    ssbhtbvnhp6e.png

Both legs done every day since then.

And then the ones below are from today:

cbaoxc0gjir8.png
    mi1ug170c5we.png

I look forward to getting even more inspired by you all!

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Day 1 just to see where I am at

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wBxZ8Gy5X18
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member

Doing better!

o8idpznvw7wq.jpeg
    veeg35dqfxce.jpeg
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Wow @Orphia !!! I'm jealous.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited September 2018
    looking good.
    i took a break from teaching yoga so my splits are not improving as i do not stretch as much as i should
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    It's dance season and I'm doing another show in December sooooooo I'm back!
  • mom23mangos
    edited September 2018
    How's your flexibility going @dananaNanas? I've been getting back to stretching again and my splits are improving. Left is back to about 1/2" off the floor and right still probably has 5-6" to go, but I can tell it's improved. I'm able to get into a semi-pancake in less time as well. It's my straddle that needs the most work. It's still not much more than 90deg.
  • mbaker566
    idk that i've improved that much. i sorta still feel like this new mileage of running is impeding my splits. i suppose i just need to be that much more consistent with post run stretching.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Hello again!! I hadn't seen all these new posts! At least "relatively" new (as well as new members) I'm glad to see we're all still trying to some degree. September was my holiday month and I didn't stretch but I feel I haven't lost that much since my last update.
    This week I went to a circus to try my first acrobatics class! I am sore all over and couldn't do most of the stuff but I enjoyed the challenge. They had silks and trapeze too so I'll try that another day...when I stop aching!!
  • mbaker566
    edited November 2018
    still working on this. i wonder if i stretch better after running that i might actually be able to make some progress

i think my gravity assisted splits is getting flatter
    405hcejizbp9.png

this felt like those straps they use to help with splits.
    gwdb6z72q2sx.png

how's every one else's splits going?
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Your straddle is looking lovely and flat @mbaker566

My splits have gone completely backwards. I tore my hamstring in August and it refused to heal for the longest time so in the end I had to avoid any type of stretching related to the hamstring. I feel like things are finally better so I am back to my first flexibility class on the weekend. Despite the setback I am determined to get to splits one day. I have kept up the daily yoga and do ballet classes twice a week so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised and i will be suddenly bendy.
  • mbaker566
    Your straddle is looking lovely and flat @mbaker566

My splits have gone completely backwards. I tore my hamstring in August and it refused to heal for the longest time so in the end I had to avoid any type of stretching related to the hamstring. I feel like things are finally better so I am back to my first flexibility class on the weekend. Despite the setback I am determined to get to splits one day. I have kept up the daily yoga and do ballet classes twice a week so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised and i will be suddenly bendy.

that's what happened with my student with a straight arm straddle up. one day she did it. didn't think about it. just bam.
    so there is hope :)
  • mom23mangos
    Your splits look lovely @mbaker566. I have not been giving stretching the priority I should. :(
  • mbaker566
    @mom23mangos i sorta feel like my splits are more achievable than my handstand. :wink:
  • mbaker566
    no help. where my actual splits are. the fabric was neutral help
    handstands went poorly
    h4n23uioq27r.png
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Revisiting this challenge for October 2019 as I would love to improve my middle and front splits. I do a weekly class focused on splits so it would be good to see if doing a daily stretch regime accelerates progress at all (unlikely but stranger things have happened)
  • mbaker566
    I work on them 3x a week for 20 min but I've not seen great improvement. And now that I'm running again. I just hope not to lose ground
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    I've been keeping my flexibility at the point where I'd improved last year -not yet splits, but better than ever before- but have not been consistent several months so have barely maintained.
    I think it is a good moment to make the commitment again, being September and all that ;)
    I'll start trying to stick with 12 mins x 4 days week
  • mom23mangos
    I have regressed SO much. I'm headed to a Yin class this morning. I need to start doing it more often again and get my flexibility back.