post-work-out-snack

Options
Tonight I did 30 minutes of biking. It was on an actual bike and outside LOL. So anyway, it's about 9pm here, pitch dark outside, and almost 90°F. Needless to say, only 15 minutes into the circuit I wanted to throw up. Not even kidding. I'm now back home, trying to take down enough water, but I'm actually hungry. I'm not really sure what I should eat. I know I'm hungry, but I also still feel a bit queasy. Any suggestions on something that would work without making me sick?

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that protein is really best after a workout. Nice cold glass of milk might be a good thing, but depends on if you like it or not.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    low fat chocolate milk?
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    try toast or bananas. Anything bland should be good. Banana may replace some of the potassium you might have lost too :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    chocolate milk
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I agree with the protein. My doctor always said some protein and fruit (not juice) within 15 minutes (10 is optimal) of working out. Helps to re-engerize and stabalize the body.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Dinner!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I would try toast with a little peanut butter. A favorite of mine for after a workout, I would think a glass of milk on your already queasy stomach might not set so well. A few times this summer I went out for a lengthy walk in the 90+ degree heat and felt really sick afterward, Gatorade helped me get over the sick feeling, once my stomach settled down I could eat a snack or have my protein shake without feeling sick. Be careful and stay hydrated!
  • Oliya
    Oliya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    With the heat and the workout- I usually have a difficult time sleeping unless I have a good snack. Nothing is worse than being sore, hot AND hungry when you are trying to sleep.

Ideas of filling snacks:
    -Toast (make sure your bread is not high in calories- some breads are!) with a low cal spread (I like Nutella- although its a treat with higher cals- on days I work out hard) you can also do tuna or turkey on top of toast
    -Hummus & pita and/or veggies
    -Non fat greek yogurt

Hope this helps!
  • jeanie✰
    jeanie✰ Posts: 127
    Options
    Ahhh! You guys rock! Thanks! I had to avoid the milk suggestions - I am NOT a milk person at all. HOWEVER, the hummus + toast was perfect! I processed some hummus myself so it wasn't too sharp, too! PERFECTOOOOOOOO~!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    My trainer always has me get a shake after workouts. Even when I workout at home I make myself a protein shake.