Mass Gainers

I’m currently bulking and want to know any opinions on mass gainer protein powders and any recommendations?

Replies

• Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Mass gainers are filled with sugars, stay away from them. It is better to have high calorie foods like peanut butter and full fat milk.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Waste of $$$. Make your own with real food (oats, PB, fruit, milk, yogurt, etc.) & Whey protein if needed
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    ^I agree. If you want some good recipes, I recommend looking at www.theproteinchef.co or https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    I’m currently bulking and want to know any opinions on mass gainer protein powders and any recommendations?

Weight gainers get a bad rep, but I think if you get the right one, it can help you bulk, just don't be excessive with it, in fact I'll typically do half the serving size amount so for example one entire scoop of the ON Pro Weight Gainer is 650 calories, but I don't an extra 650 but I could use an extra 325 calories so I do half of a scoop with some water, drink it, and move on. I know for me, it's easier to consume more calories throughout the day with liquid, I recommend ON Pro Weight Gainer, look at the nutrition facts though and see if it fits with your daily diet. It comes down to getting in the right amount of calories, getting the right amount of macros, and of course vitamins and minerals.
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    MHP makes a decent one
  • shaundicko89
    shaundicko89 Posts: 25 Member
    Make your own cheap protein powder chocolate or full fat milk,oat bran,ground almonds,cream anything you want.works for me far less sugar.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    I've had fair results with serious mass. I've taken it daily for the past 2 years. I only take a half serving in the morning blended with avocado and almond milk. I'm not a big eater so it helps me hit my calories and maintain what little gains I have. I've had 2 yearly physicals since taking it and all my blood work is good so it has not given me diabetes yet. I got my abs showing while taking it so maybe it should be called serious cuts?
  • Riff1970
    Riff1970 Posts: 136 Member
    Here’s my mass gainers from the past couple days 8q14bo9f8x6w.jpeg
    c8x09ym35thc.jpeg
    6epmchskl9yg.jpeg
    wr1h9lhvsbw6.jpeg

But, but...carbs make you fat. 🤣
  • gjvtorres
    gjvtorres Posts: 2 Member
    Seth1825 wrote: »

Weight gainers get a bad rep, but I think if you get the right one, it can help you bulk, just don't be excessive with it, in fact I'll typically do half the serving size amount so for example one entire scoop of the ON Pro Weight Gainer is 650 calories, but I don't an extra 650 but I could use an extra 325 calories so I do half of a scoop with some water, drink it, and move on. I know for me, it's easier to consume more calories throughout the day with liquid, I recommend ON Pro Weight Gainer, look at the nutrition facts though and see if it fits with your daily diet. It comes down to getting in the right amount of calories, getting the right amount of macros, and of course vitamins and minerals.

I do the same. Just make sure you get a flavor you can have over and over again... like chocolate. I tried banana and definitely did not like it.
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Oats, milk, peanut butter, eggs, whey, olive oil....blender