Breastfeeding & Macronutrients

Options
Hi! I've done some research on here and saw that I should manually add in an extra 500 calories for breastfeeding when setting up my account. But I've noticed that the macro levels (protein, fats, and carbs) doesn't seem right for a breastfeeding woman. Generally, the protein would be higher while nursing. Is there a way to manually override the macros needed? Or is there a better system to use for breastfeeding moms? Thanks!

Replies

• bunnyaa
    bunnyaa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm nursing as well. I think you can adjust your macros by going into the goals section and changing the percentage of macros to the amount you want. Don't really know how much of each macro is recommended, I always just made sure to get in my calcium and prenatal and eat till full. HTH
  • ronee75
    ronee75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you bunnyaa!
  • quoteloveunquote
    quoteloveunquote Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you look up "breastfeeding" as a food, it will make some adjustments for calories but also for macros, if I'm not mistaken. My baby (#4) is starting solids so I've started to wean myself from those extra calories by logging ".8" serving right now, and I'll keep decreasing as he eats less. (I know from expert that I tend to gain weight when my babies wean!)