Yo yo dieting

Options
So here I am AGAIN! Counting calories to lose 15-20 pounds. Counting calories is all I do. I eat between 1200-1500 a day but can’t seem to weigh what I want. Any suggestions on how to stop the cycle?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    So here I am AGAIN! Counting calories to lose 15-20 pounds. Counting calories is all I do. I eat between 1200-1500 a day but can’t seem to weigh what I want. Any suggestions on how to stop the cycle?

Perhaps you are trying to lose weight too fast, so the way you are eating and exercising isn't sustainable to maintain your loss?

With 20 lbs to lose, you should be expecting to lose an avg of 0.5lbs - 1 lb per week. Log accurately and consistently and try to learn from your food diary. What foods did you eat on days you struggled with hunger? What did your macros look like? What about the days you hit your calorie goal easily? You want to find a way of eating that you enjoy, that's practical, and that keeps you satiated at the right calorie level for the rest of your life. Good luck!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I'm in a cut currently and know that I can only lose ~.5 lb/week with the last 15 lbs. I add in a fudge factor of .2 representing the 20% margin of error in calorie estimation on certain foods that are more calorie dense.

Do you use a food scale to weigh out everything?
  • krishna2157
    krishna2157 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Have you tried changing what you eat, like maybe more whole foods? Maybe try intensifying your workouts. Your body gets used to things very quickly, so it's our job to notice when we need changes.

I notice cooking at home helps me so much because you know what you're putting into your foods. I hope this helps! :smile: