whats your biggest challenge? lets discuss

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    People on forums who think they can help.

:laugh:

My squats suck, and they're pissing me off.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much to eat while working out 5x a week doing weights and training for a run. I feel like I gain weight which really disappoints me.
  • ballroomdancer150
    Options
    My main struggle is addictive eating. I have been working very hard on discipline by using MFP as a guide for portion/calorie control.

No problems with workouts. I do 1-2 hours of cardio daily, 30 minutes of strength training three times a week and Ballroom/Latin Dance 3-4 times a week.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Poor shoulder mobility and shoulder pain has been my biggest issue. I have worked hard on getting my shoulders more mobile but it is a long process and certain overhead movements still give me fits.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Aging,

Fix that and you won't need to be an online trainer OP. :smiley:

I want to fix my aging :/

Are you struggling with it?

Motivation!!!
  • envscuba
    envscuba Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    On the eating side my biggest challenge is never feeling full. In order to feel full I need to eat over 3,000 calories in one sitting, to the point of feeling sick. Not finishing a plate full of food does not happen with me.

On the exercise front my hardest goal is being able to do a pull-up. I've been doing core work and upper body weight training but it hasn't seemed to help.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    type what your biggest challenge is when it comes to meals or workouts? i will provide some answers! include your goal and how long you have been trying

I'm not entirely sure of the best fueling strategy for a 50 mile ultra with a 10K and Half Marathon the following morning.

What sort of suggestions would you have?
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    type what your biggest challenge is when it comes to meals or workouts? i will provide some answers! include your goal and how long you have been trying

I'm not entirely sure of the best fueling strategy for a 50 mile ultra with a 10K and Half Marathon the following morning.

What sort of suggestions would you have?

Interested in the answer to the above. An additional question related to endurance training: Do you recommend taking in electrolytes from a separate source and intake interval from your calorie replacement source during races, or is a combined calorie/electrolyte fueling strategy adequate? Is the strategy weather dependent?

My goal is to optimize performance during long course events. I have been working on this over the last 3 years.