Your Favorite Protein Powder?

Options
I’ve struggled trying to replenish my protein. Never needed protein powder in high school or through college but I think now that I’m moving into my mid-twenties, peanut butter and energy bars just aren’t cutting it anymore. What’s your favorite? Looking for more natural, less artificial.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I like the most protein bang for my calorie buck, plus it has to taste good. With those qualifications, my favorites are Quest and Trutein.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I use optimum nutrition. tastes pretty good (chocolate). I've tried a couple others that were less expensive and hated them so I figure, don't fix what's not broken. My husband makes fun of me for drinking protein shakes but I like them. They are easy (i'm super lazy in the mornings) and if I have a protein shake, I pretty much don't have to worry about getting enough protein for the day, ever.
  • tiiinyjane
    tiiinyjane Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ended up getting the R1 vanilla crème today!! Love it so far!!
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I've been using Gold Standard 100% Whey by Optimum Nutrition. I started with the French Vanilla, Extreme Milk Chocolate and have now tried the Banana Creme and Chocolate Malt. The first two were OK but I prefer the latter. I get them through Bodybuilding.com (NOT a body builder). I haven't done a price comparison with other sources but it's free shipping over $49 and the order arrives fast. I mix two scoops with about 12oz of almond milk and I find I that just shaking it vigorously mixes it well.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Are you a coffee drinker? I make a protein latte using Isopure Cookies and Cream. It is SO YUMMY!!! One scoop and a cup of black coffee and you are set! 25g protein for 105 calories!

I buy it from Amazon - 3 lbs for $37 or $32 if you use Subscribe and Save.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Are you a coffee drinker? I make a protein latte using Isopure Cookies and Cream. It is SO YUMMY!!! One scoop and a cup of black coffee and you are set! 25g protein for 105 calories!

I never thought of doing that. What a great idea! :)
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Unico's Apollo in chocolate peanut butter!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I like Vega one organic - esp the berry flavor.
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love MTS Machine whey Pumpkin pie flavor.
  • dhemp11
    dhemp11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    SFH Pure is a great clean protein! Tastes and blends well and can always mix with an espresso or powdered peanut butter for extra flavor!

• unicornpickles
    unicornpickles Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Garden of life slightly sweetened organic meal- orgain organic unsweetened protein -both of these have different varieties and some flavors but then with contain Stevia. Organic whey protein powder you can find some that just has the one ingredient . Unfortunately a lot of the super yummy powders like birthday cake flavors contain sucralose or Splenda :( If your body is fine with it go fo it. I’m so sad I can’t have these give me a migraine ugh .
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I like the GNC Amp fruity crisps flavor, it tastes just like froot loops!
  • cguevarra
    cguevarra Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I’ve struggled trying to replenish my protein. Never needed protein powder in high school or through college but I think now that I’m moving into my mid-twenties, peanut butter and energy bars just aren’t cutting it anymore. What’s your favorite? Looking for more natural, less artificial.

So syntha 6 is a decent protein, especially when it’s on sale, and if that’s not on sale I’ll do Body Tech Pro24 and thats always on sale.

Next best option if you really would like to, is to buy some Kale, Spinach, Almond Milk, and a protein that you finally like put it in a blender and mix it all up. It’s actually one of my go to shakes, it’s a healthy mix of protein powder and fresh greens.
  • 4Pop
    4Pop Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Since my 1st post disappeared.....

I buy 10 pounds of Signature Whey (Vanilla) for $80/delivered (when buy 1 get i at 50% off). Best deal I've found, and tastes/mixes great.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of the brands mentioned in the past. Now I use 1stphorm. I haven't tried the fruit loop flavor but the ones I have tried never made me feel sick. It tastes good, not chalky tasting like some of the other ones mentioned above can get. Plenty of flavors to pick from.
  • quzy07
    quzy07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    OH! Mine is undenatured (not cooked) whey protein from antibiotic free cows (from NZ, I don't think they can do that here). It's called IsaPro. It's how I lost 100 pounds. And yes @HannahCompratt, as we age we ladies need more. Much more! And quality is important too. (I'm into natural whole foods as much as possible, so this is the only one I would use. Because it's produced a low temperatures the enzymes are still present.)
  • ariggle1981
    ariggle1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Muscle pharm combat or iso pure optimum nutrition casein
  • mcdaley896
    mcdaley896 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Arbonne a protein powder. Vegan, plant based, all natural.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have started using vade protein packs. They come in dissolving packs that you just toss into your milk/water and shake. 90 calories with 20g protein. Great flavor, but a little on the sweet side for my tastes. I add one scoop to one cup of skim milk for my breakfast most days. They have vanilla and chocolate and both are delicious. Tastes a bit like liquid pudding and blends well.