2 month transformation ?

Options
Hello everybody! I hope you are all doing well, I’ve recently started my commitment to eating healthier and moving about more. I was curious as if it’s possible to see quite change in how I look within 2 months. I’m 5’10 150pounds playing soccer on Thursday’s, while going to university T&TH w/ work MWF where I do a lot of walking. Can I get muscle while also losing fat? I see myself as a skinny fat guy & tired of how I look.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    At 5'10" and 150#, especially if you are college age, you'd be better off focusing on muscle gain and not fat loss. Get it n a good lifting program and you'll be fine. You'll see a difference in two months and as long as you continue with it, your results should be good.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Take before pics and measurements. It is often hard to detect changes in the mirror from day to day. Also be careful what your expectations are for 2 months. You can see progress but it may or may not match your expectations. You don't ha e to stop after 2 months. What if you make half the progress in twice the time? Would you still want to make a change or would you consider it a waste?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    To get muscle, you're going to have to hit the weight room and eat at a calorie surplus.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    To get muscle, you're going to have to hit the weight room and eat at a calorie surplus.

Accurate, so I have no idea why this is flagged.

Also, what's with 2 months? You're young and you're going to want to be healthy and fit for life, not just short term. If you're new to lifting see if you can get a free session or two with a qualified trainer to learn proper technique which is key for growth and to avoid injury. Perhaps your soccer coach can recommend someone?

I agree with taking measurements and pics as well.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

This^^, You're going to need to find the weight room (a couple days a week), soccer once a week won't do it.

Why was that flagged?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

This^^, You're going to need to find the weight room (a couple days a week), soccer once a week won't do it.

Why was that flagged?

BZAH10 wrote: »

Also, what's with 2 months? You're young and you're going to want to be healthy and fit for life, not just short term. If you're new to lifting see if you can get a free session or two with a qualified trainer to learn proper technique which is key for growth and to avoid injury. Perhaps your soccer coach can recommend someone?

I have a disgruntled stalker.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

Why was that flagged?

BZAH10 wrote: »

I have a disgruntled stalker.

You mean jealous stalker??? Ha, how sad. Good thing you don't let them get to you and stop posting! I like your posts.