Goals lose some belly flub gain lean muscle

Options
So im starting keto not quite sure what is going to be best for me! Heart diesease runs in the family id like to drop my body fat percentage and gain lean muscle mass! Any suggestions i woukd appreciate

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    There's no magic in keto (or any fad diet), but if it works for you, go for it.

Questions:

How much do you have to lose? Are you currently exercising?
  • reta6
    reta6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You do not need to go on the keto diet. What you should be doing is eating at a SLIGHT calorie deficit. But you need to be eating LEAN protein like chicken and a lot of veggies and measuring your carbs. When you eat lean you will lose body fat but also put on muscle. Once you’ve lost the fat- you can start to bulk and eat at a calorie surplus.

Here is my meal plan that helped me lose 5% body fat so far but maintain my mass.

If you have problem areas this type of meal plan is perfect for you.

This is a meal plan for me (I’m female)

Meal prep-

Breakfast: (8am)
    40 g oats breakfast
    14 g almonds
    7 g coconut oil
    1 scoop protein
    Water

Lunch: (1pm, 4pm) <— eat both times
    100 g rice a day / 50 g per meal
    6 oz broccoli a day / 3 oz per meal
    10 oz a day / 5 oz per meal

Dinner: (7pm)
    2 oz sweet potato
    1 salmon burger patty

• reta6
    reta6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also lost 25 lbs doing the above^^. I would have to know your weight and height but for males you double the amount above.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Options
    So im starting keto not quite sure what is going to be best for me! Heart diesease runs in the family id like to drop my body fat percentage and gain lean muscle mass! Any suggestions i woukd appreciate

If you are trying to gain some muscle while losing weight, keto isnt going to be the best choice, at least based on the current limited evidence.

But the biggest driver for muscle growth is going to your lifting program, not having a large deficit and having adequate protein.

So what is your lifting program? If yoi don't have a structured one, I'd recommend looking at the below thread.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1