Morbidly Obese Individuals or Parents?

Options
Hi! I've posted before, but wasn't really active here on MFP.... but my plan and goal is to be from now on! I am a 27 year old wife and mother. I'm morbidly obese. This isn't my first rodeo with trying to lose weight, but I want it to be my last. I'm down 14.2lbs in 6 weeks. I initially lost the 10 with Weight Watchers. I love WW, and it's how I lost 80lbs back in 2007... but so much has changed and due to some personal reasons I don't think I will be going back to the meetings any time soon. I lost 3.4lbs my first week tracking with MFP. I am looking for other moms and dads who are trying to lose weight, or just anyone who is morbidly obese and needs to lose well over 100lbs. Please comment here, message or friend me. ^_^

Replies

• Gallifreyangirl85
    Options
    I have about 70-80 pounds to lose. for my height I'm morbidly obese, being 5'2'' and 208 pounds. looking for friends as well.
  • sanson0
    sanson0 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This isn't my first time around either, but I really want to make it stick this time, too. I've been heavy my whole life and want to make changes to lose over 100lbs and be able to keep up with my very active little boy. I'd love to have friends to support and to be supported by.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to a 14 month old son, and I have ~70lbs to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • future_fitmom
    future_fitmom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I dont blame you with banning weight watchers. I do not support racist people like Oprah. In addition Weight watchers changing their name to WW is a no go.
    There are few things about Weight Watchers that makes me cringe. I loved it back when I first joined. It didn't seem like they wanted money money money. Now it seems like that's all they want. Also with the meetings here, they only have 1 and there are like 60 people in this one little room, and all of the people are either elder, rich, or already thin. I am none of those things so I just can't relate or fit in. I felt so isolated.
  • future_fitmom
    Options
    I have about 70-80 pounds to lose. for my height I'm morbidly obese, being 5'2'' and 208 pounds. looking for friends as well.
    Thanks for replying! I'd love to be friends! :)
  • future_fitmom
    Options
    sanson0 wrote: »
    This isn't my first time around either, but I really want to make it stick this time, too. I've been heavy my whole life and want to make changes to lose over 100lbs and be able to keep up with my very active little boy. I'd love to have friends to support and to be supported by.
    I feel you there, I was sort of thin as a child, but not for long. I gained a lot throughout elementary school and then definitely in middle school. I was really on sort of thin when I did Weight Watchers that first time back in 2007, but then my mental health plummeted and I gained back all the weight and more.I seriously think I've got a grip on things this time. I am proud of my losses so far and I don't want to go back to the 280s ever again. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • future_fitmom
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    I'm a mom to a 14 month old son, and I have ~70lbs to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks, I will! :)
  • jodiaraya
    jodiaraya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I’m new to this app and honestly not sure how to navigate well yet lol.
    Is this where I raise my hand and say I’m morbidly obese too? I hate that word ‘morbid’...we should work on it!!!
    Anywho, in a perfect world I should lose 125lbs but would be happy to lose 100.
    It’d be awesome to build a support group together! I’m stoked to give it a shot :smile:
  • tagthisworld
    tagthisworld Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tania 29 years old , recently had my first baby 5 months ago and in need to lose 150 lb.
  • Joannepmshore
    Joannepmshore Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    My name is Joanne. I have been fighting this battle for 40 yrs, so I know what you are going through. Hopefully we will both finally win this time around. I need to lose 150lbs
  • Joannepmshore
    Joannepmshore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've currently lost 107 pounds and have 120 (at least) to go. It is SUCH a hard journey. Especially after I have lost over 100 pounds, which I am extremely proud of, it's just hard to know I have so much more to go. But I became very sick because of being heavy and I just don't want to do that anymore. I want to be healthy, for life. Anyone who wants me, feel free to add me. I'm not a parent, but I do have alot of weight to lose!

You are doing a fantastic job. Keep going
  • future_fitmom
    Options
    jodiaraya wrote: »
    Hey all, I’m new to this app and honestly not sure how to navigate well yet lol.
    Is this where I raise my hand and say I’m morbidly obese too? I hate that word ‘morbid’...we should work on it!!!
    Anywho, in a perfect world I should lose 125lbs but would be happy to lose 100.
    It’d be awesome to build a support group together! I’m stoked to give it a shot :smile:

Hi! Welcome to MFP. I use the app, but find the navigation on the actual site a bit easier. I never really thought about the word "morbid" when saying morbidly obese. It does sound more nasty than I realized! I'd love to be friends on this journey!
  • future_fitmom
    Options
    Hi I'm Tania 29 years old , recently had my first baby 5 months ago and in need to lose 150 lb.

Aww congratulations on your baby! We have about the same to lose. We can do this!!!
  • future_fitmom
    Options
    My name is Joanne. I have been fighting this battle for 40 yrs, so I know what you are going through. Hopefully we will both finally win this time around. I need to lose 150lbs

Thanks for commenting! We can definitely do this. Let's make it our last time!
  • future_fitmom
    Options
    I've currently lost 107 pounds and have 120 (at least) to go. It is SUCH a hard journey. Especially after I have lost over 100 pounds, which I am extremely proud of, it's just hard to know I have so much more to go. But I became very sick because of being heavy and I just don't want to do that anymore. I want to be healthy, for life. Anyone who wants me, feel free to add me. I'm not a parent, but I do have alot of weight to lose!
    Wow! Congratulations on that awesome loss so far! I know how daunting those numbers can be. I know with my first week seeing the -4.2lbs I was so happy, but then thought of how many more -4.2lbs I need to lose. It sucks, and it's depressing, but if we want it bad enough we can stick to it. You're inspiring and I definitely want to be friends on this journey with you!
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! It's a tough journey but it's definitely worth it. I have such a HUGE change in energy levels. You've got this too, it just takes awhile to lose it and be where you want to be!
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm down 75 and it seems like its "only" 75 when I think of how far I have to go. But I'm in this for life and that's why they call this a journey. Feel free to add me as a friend - always looking for accountability buddies.

158755561.png
  • mrivera0481
    mrivera0481 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Wow!!!! That's awesome the amount of weight that you have lost. I have to lose over 100 pounds. I had my first child and would like to have another but really need to lose weight as I'm scared about having another baby with all of this weight. I have battled with weight all of my life and am committed to keeping it off this time around!!!! I sent you a friend request.

I totally would love to join this support group.
  • ser51906
    ser51906 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Morbidly obese pregnant mama here... my heaviest was 338 and I told myself I wanted to be half myself... so I decided to lose 169 lbs... I'm down 70 so I have less than 100lbs to go... lol 99lbs to my goal... nice to meet yall!!!!