Dr. Beth Westie

Options
Is there anyone who is doing Dr. Beth Westie's program or utilizing her ideas? I don't have the money to join her program but have started doing her suggestions on eating with your hormones and would like to chat with others who are doing it as well. Definitely the way to go for women!

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    sounds a lot like Stacy Sims info from ROAR - that is hardly backed up by scientific evidence - but lots of triathletes are just latching on to it
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    RonyMack wrote: »
    Estrogen smoothies? Prednisone a la king? I've never heard of hormone eating. Yikes.

omg ew hahaha!
  • ssbbg
    ssbbg Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    There's a dude called Lyle. He has written many books. He recently wrote a book about women and dieting.

It is (apparently) pink. It is (apparently) full of spelling errors. It is (apparently) expensive as heck.

He still hasn't been shot by the many women who frequent his web site and facebook pages. Or the guys who do the same.

He happens to be quite knowledgeable and he references research throughout his writing. And yes, he does discuss hormones.

If I had a burning desire to spend money and I was a woman who was concerned with her fat levels... I could do much worse than acquiring a copy of The Women’s Book Vol 1: A Guide to Nutrition, Fat Loss and Muscle Gain.

Yes to everything. I have said pink typo ridden book and it does go into great detail about women's hormones and diet. I tamp down my rage because I like citations. And there are a ton in the pink book.

He provides different diet templates for different hormonal situations with exhaustive referencing.

I've also never managed to successfully execute his diet templates because i find them too high carb and the recommended deficits are too steep.

My sports performance has improved dramatically but the higher carbs (and deficit?) has made me super bingey.

I'm about to try again, but with a much smaller decifit.