Macros vs Calories

Options
Hello! Kind of confused will you still lose weight if you are above on some of your macros but are within your calories for the day ??? Hope that question makes sense

Replies

• Suzyqk0205
    Suzyqk0205 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! Kind of confused will you still lose weight if you are above on some of your macros but are within your calories for the day ??? Hope that question makes sense

I was wondering same thing... like for instance ,...my breakfast this morning, I had one whole egg, one egg white ,a whole avocado and some salsa.. my fat macros
    are higher than they should
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. (Caveat: weight loss isn't linear. Water retention can mask fat loss from week to week. But the likely culprit(s) are more like sodium, time of month, higher-than-usual carbs, etc. Whatever the cause, it's temporary if annoying.)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I was wondering same thing... like for instance ,...my breakfast this morning, I had one whole egg, one egg white ,a whole avocado and some salsa.. my fat macros
    are higher than they should

You're going to be eating all day, so judge your macros by that (not a single meal).

Also, like was said above, if you're trying to lose weight, it's the calories that are crucial. The macros are just to ensure you meet your nutritional needs.
  • nevadague4646
    nevadague4646 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers so far! Also should I be eating the calories I earn from exercise or no ????? Really confused on that one
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
  • Rcharest
    Rcharest Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Day 2 on keto and IF... I fast from 7pm to 11am and could only eat half my breakfast and honestly kinda feeling like part of it wants to come back up. Anybody have a difficult time changing from low to high fats?? Btw I lost 4 lbs since yesterday.... But I know it was pretty much water.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Rcharest wrote: »
    Day 2 on keto and IF... I fast from 7pm to 11am and could only eat half my breakfast and honestly kinda feeling like part of it wants to come back up. Anybody have a difficult time changing from low to high fats?? Btw I lost 4 lbs since yesterday.... But I know it was pretty much water.

You'll get the most direct answer regarding nausea and starting keto from a keto-specific thread.

Keto and IF are not requisite to losing weight, only a caloric deficit is. If trying to use those mechanics are making it hard (or harder than it has to be) to hit your calories or make you feel unwell, you may consider a different approach that doesn't have this effect.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Always listen to @sidesteel!!!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Right??!?!
  • nevadague4646
    nevadague4646 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the breakdown of the video whether it's yes or no to eat the workout calories I can't hear it for some reason👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
  • cmriverside
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the breakdown of the video whether it's yes or no to eat the workout calories I can't hear it for some reason👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

Bottom line, yes, eat them.

Here is another @Sidesteel (written) thread about all this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf