Getting past a weight loss plateau

Options
Guys, I am really in need of some advise. I've lost 8 Kgs since the beginning of the year and seem to have hit a plateau since past 4 weeks. Although, I feel stronger and fitter than before there is no progress on the weight loss front. My gym instructor asked me to start eating 500 cal/day more (jump from 1500 cal/day to 2000 cal/day) and I am kind of dreading that :s. Have any of you experienced this as well? If yes, how did you get past it? Looking for suggestions..

Replies

• sheen467
    sheen467 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments and some nice links guys. I use a weighing scale to measure everything I put into my mouth. Although I login my meals religiously most days, there were only a few days when I did give it a miss (especially when travelling as I ate out and didn’t know how to account for those calories). The diet break idea sounds good. I might just try it out and see how it works! Cheers..
  • sheen467
    sheen467 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too. I weigh and log everything, right down to the 185g apple I just ate, and the 35ml salad dressing I put on my salad. I was definitely at a deficit, and was not losing. This lasted 4 weeks.
    The only things that had changed were I started running once or twice a week, and I came off some progesterone medication I was taking to control my hormones (nearly 30kg weight loss meant I no longer needed it, yay!!!!)

I felt like my clothes were getting looser though, even though the scale didn’t budge, and I loved the fact that I was able to learn to run- no way I could have done that at my heaviest! So I persevered, and kept doing what I was doing.

The scale finally moved again last week... finally! It was a frustrating time, but I kept reminding myself to trust the process.

So happy to hear your story! I’m glad that the scale finally moved for you❤️
  • JulesBooth
    JulesBooth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same with me. I'm logging everything I eat. I've dropped my calorie intake to 1500 from 1600. The scales are not budging. It's so disheartening. I don't really want to take break as I just want to lose the last few kgs before November.
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The main thing I have learned in my loss of over 100lbs is that plateaus happen, they are a right pain, but if you keep weighing and logging the loss DOES begin again. It will then be speedy for a bit... so just keep on track and CICA will work