Feeling extra fat today and worried

Options
3 years ago I was 215. I was on a plateau at 180 lbs for a year. This current year I got down to 153. I’m 5’7, 39 years old. Well I ate junk last weekend and I am feeling fat and depressed today. I weighed in a few pounds heavier this week. I’m just stressing and venting. I normally don’t post stuff but I have no one to vent too. I even feel big.

Replies

• TonyaLeeC
    TonyaLeeC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just don't get the rudeness of some people....hang in there
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    kellyjfenn wrote: »
    Yes you are right. And just ignore stupid rude comments from people. Thank you so much.

And read the first post in this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it/p1
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Stress raises your cortisol levels. This can cause water retention which will give you a higher scale reading. Stress will also impact negatively on your health in other ways.

Best not to stress as it achieves nothing positive. Accept that you had a day, weekend or week that wasn't ideal, but probably enjoyable and move on. Learn from it and get back on the train.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    At any given time I will carry around 2 to 5 extra pounds of water/waste weight but on rare occasions those 2 to 5 feel like 25. I feel bloated and heavier than normal. I just have to tell myself that it will only last 3 to 4 days generally and even when it lingers longer I have to remind myself it is temporary and it always is. In my 8 months of weight loss I have noticed it happen twice. It sucks even if it is temporary.