FINALLY! GOAL WEIGHT THIS MORNING!!!

aimeetu
aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
qmf2xqpbt2c0.jpg
2zp3qr8cgxlx.jpg

I am so excited that I finally made goal weight this morning!! It has taken a super long time but I am here nonetheless! Tired and exhausted and unhappy in the first picture - I knew it wouldn't be long before I topped out at a maximum weight! I had to make a change. So you know how people say the click happens or a switch is flipped? That's exactly what finally happened to me. I knew I had to commit to the little changes or it wouldn't stick.

It was a sloooowww process - I could commit to 30 minutes of exercise 4 days a week and I wanted enough calories to have treats from time to time! Things I could do the rest of my life.

And so 3 years (that's right 3)later here I am and I know I am never going back!!!

Doesn't matter how slowly it happens just that it does!

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Congratulations! Wishing you all the best as you go forward to maintenance
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Awesome, congrats! :):):):)
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Thanks for sharing. I suspect you will be very ready for maintenance. I’m another slow loser as I like my snacks so this encourages me!!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Wonderful job!!!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,813 Member
    Amazing! Congrats
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    Congratulations!! :) I’m so happy for you!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Wow! Congrats!
  • bobbimrn
    bobbimrn Posts: 74 Member
    Going slow should make maintenance easier! Congrats
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    congrats, in similar timeline but i will post my progress after day 180. Awesome work
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Bravo!!! And thank you for sharing! I am where you were! It even looks like I’m carrying about same amount of weight as you did when you started. Slow and steady wins the race they say and you’re proof! I look forward to posting a victory post this time next year or so! 🌺
  • code4food
    code4food Posts: 35 Member
    Congrats!!!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Fantastic!!!!!
  • orionuer
    orionuer Posts: 37 Member
    I needed such motivation to keep going on. Great job, you look awesome.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Congratulations! That is huge! And you look beautiful! 😄😄
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Thanks for sharing. It is very encouraging. I feel like a fraud sometimes talking about lifestyle change and logging for life. And yet I want to lose the next 25 lbs stat! And then I see a post like yours and it reminds me that it is an ultramarathon not a sprint
  • HeyEmilio
    HeyEmilio Posts: 64 Member
    Congrats on the W!
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Awesome job
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Love that it was a longer journey for you - that's been more my take on it too. Something I can sustain, or at least maintenance won't be a surprise. Great to see someone who took the longer road but still got there!
  • oakbrookinn
    oakbrookinn Posts: 2 Member
    Very happy for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!