My body is so stiff!! Carry on or rest?

Options
I did wk 5 of C25K last week and ran for 20 mins non-stop for the first time. I decided to have a few days break before starting the next week. I felt great! Then on Tuesday I went to the gym and worked myself quite hard on the elliptical and recumbent bike ( don't have v. much experience working out on either of these) and since then my joints have been all stiff and feel overworked. I did go for a walk yesterday but did nothing else and this morning I got out of bed and my whole body is feeling it. Not sure what is going on. I don't know if my body is telling me to get back to C25K or to take a break!

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    when you do a new exercise that your body is not familiar with it feels it but this is a good thing, you will get results quicker. maybe go back to what you are used to now and see how your body feels. Sometimes a workout takes the pain away for me.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I cannot do either of those machines....hurts my knees too bad so I stick to treadmills and regular exercise bikes
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest I always carry on, this can be good as it can alleviate the soreness, but if you have pain, real pain I would rest up. Why not try something like yoga to stretch out your soreness
  • illwillie
    Options
    Just listen to your body and make sure you always do an cool down after your workout(stretching, walk it out so you won't be so sore the next day) and eat alot of potassium so you won't get cramps (watermelon, orange juices, green veggies, almonds, beans, banana for an i.e.)