Dr. Beth Westie

Options

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    momseev wrote: »

I mean, they play a role in major bodily functions so I hope so.

What I particularly like is how she starts selling her book right in the first 30 seconds, and giggles a lot. But the really complicated line graph behind her threw me off, so I decided not to watch the rest. :neutral:
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    fastening my woo seat belt, here... I have not read Lyle's pink book or know who Dr. Beth is, BUT...

I do eat at a slight surplus closely following ovulation and at a slight deficit once menstruation starts. Been doing this the better part of 2018. Ovulation is pretty noticeable to me, and so is the testosterone increase following follicule rupture/progesterone spike. (Progesterone is a precursor hormone to testosterone in women, no idea about men.) Testosterone feels great! Huge sense of well being, feel strong, etc. I progress my lifts during this week. Eating at a slight deficit once est & prog drop (triggering menses) averages to maintenance for the month.

I go only 100 kcal in either direction, so I've had to track more carefully than I normally would while maintaining. I also quit banking weekend calories when I started this, and that was the hardest part. I consequently eat more during the week (when I lift/recover) and less on weekends (when I drink adult beverages). I quickly dropped 2 pounds of water when I quit banking, and the drop persisted. Don't have an explanation for that. Have no idea if the calorie shifting really helps my lifts, but I hope it does. That's the woo part; hope is not a strategy. The caloric variety is nice, anyway. I have long flirted with the idea of a bulk, but I don't know enough to commit to it.
  • Littlerobystar
    Littlerobystar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I heard an osteopath once saying that nutritionist and doctors don't know anything about nutrition.

BTW I hope I ahve my hormones, as I am still 34, don't have kids and I would like to keep ovulating for a while, plus having my thyroid still working..yes I think I have some hormones. Wonder what Dr Beth would think!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

What I particularly like is how she starts selling her book right in the first 30 seconds, and giggles a lot. But the really complicated line graph behind her threw me off, so I decided not to watch the rest. :neutral:

I made it to 43 seconds where the comparison of women's 7 bodies in her lifetime to men only having 2 bodies in their lifetime.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    That hug you got, it was from me. Woos be damned. <3

Which is where we go full circle of woo to where this reaction choice is *kittens* compared to a "disagree" button.

Because I can certainly see 6 people saying: "I disagree! You don't need to spend any money in order to lose weight! Are you trying to peddle a book for no reason?".

But my limited brain is failing to understand which part of my statement was off the wall "woo": "If I had a burning desire to spend money and I was a woman who was concerned with her fat levels... I could do much worse than acquiring a copy of The Women’s Book Vol 1: A Guide to Nutrition, Fat Loss and Muscle Gain"

So a woman who has a burning desire to spend money and is concerned with her fat levels ought to chose which non-woo book in the opinion of my 6 (at the time of writing) friends?

I have seen again and again posters apologizing for using the Woo button incorrectly - they think it means Woo Hoo!, a good thing. It's so prevalent that the Woo button is useless.

Not to mention that this reaction button was launched with both meanings >.<
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I made it to 43 seconds where the comparison of women's 7 bodies in her lifetime to men only having 2 bodies in their lifetime.

And here I thought I was still living in the same old one I was born with! Is that like a cat having 9 lives? When you reach your 7th body you're out?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

And here I thought I was still living in the same old one I was born with! Is that like a cat having 9 lives? When you reach your 7th body you're out?

Maybe we shed them like a snake, but in our sleep so we don't realize it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Maybe we shed them like a snake, but in our sleep so we don't realize it.

I did have a really bad sunburn that one time.