HELP, My Weight is Coming Back

Options
I managed to lose 20lbs in 2 months, and I feel (felt?) great. I hit the 150s (158ish) and I was happy, but plenty willing to go further.

Well, with the end of the 30DS and a bit more frequent "cheat" days (in which I still logged, meh), I'm sneaking back up to the 160s. I am clocking in at 162-163ish when just two weeks ago I was 157 point something. I don't know why it's so much harder now to say no to food. I've started back up the 30DS (now doing it every other day and going for jogs on the days I don't do it) but I think the food is the big problem. I've been looking at my food diary and I've been messing up quite a lot.

Any advice??

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Drink more water.

Eat less food.

Edit: I'm sorry, I'm not great at support when it comes to overeating.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    will power
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The weight loss is only part of the journey, during this period I think we need to adjust our life to a new routine that includes less of the "old days" and more of the new healthier eating and regular exercise routines. We can't just reach our goal and slack off on the exercise and healthy eating habits.

This is why I say I don't believe in diets... I believe in lifestyles...

Diets are limited to a period of time, while lifestyle stays with you forever!

Make regular exercise and healthy nutrition part of your life and you should have no problem losing and maintaining your weight without any feeling of deprivation.

Good luck.
  • CharlotteAmmann
    Options
    Hi Clairepoint.
    You have to know your goal, how many kg you want to lose. Then you go for it.
    If you reach your goal in (example) 2 months, you have to continue for another 2 months.
    I use the Herbalife Shakes 2x a day, a lot of Proteinpowder and lot of vitamins. (If you need some let me know)
    Once a day you have to eat a colourfull meal, with at least 250 gr. Vegetables, white meat, no Kcal in the evening,
    You have to change your way of eating for always, otherwise your weight will come back. There is no other solution.
    Good Luck!
  • jamie117100
    Options
    The more you eat, the more you should work out. Cut down on the bad choices and work out longer if you do eat something you shouldn't. If you are not taking a mulivitamin, stary doing so because when you work out, you burn the good stuff too. When your body is low on a certain vitamin, it will crave different foods it knows you can get them from.
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Drink more as others have said.

Perhaps put your goal somewhere in the kitchen so you are reminded of it when you go to get food.

Maybe try some new foods/recipes to help discover what you like?
  • jillwm
    jillwm Posts: 21
    Options
    I started to gain weight even if I were on 1200 calories so body does not do what you want it to do.. But do not start overeating again, you can do this!! Eat a lot of proteins, drink a lot of water and don't go on the scale for more than once a week. And decide if you want to loose more or go back to where you were.

Good luck to you!

:flowerforyou:
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Try to focus on adding more healthy foods to your diet - baby carrots and sugar snap peas make great snacks, especially if you're an emotional eater, and not always hungry when you're eating. Unsalted, raw cashews and sunflower kernels are good. If you keep a few bags of frozen vegetables in your freezer (without sauce), you'll always have some convenient snacks. Don't load them up with any kind of sauce, but maybe just a bit of vegan margarine (Earth Balance or Smart Balance) for some extra flavor.

Good luck, and btw you look really good! I hope everyone has been complimenting you on the work you've done already!