Options
2»

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Why’s he picking on you so hard 😟

Is there any way you can have a friend or a family member record him for you? Maybe use a scare tactic and threaten to shame him online if he doesn’t stop.... is recording someone allowed in your state?

I have no idea why he’s only doing this to me as I have never seen him in my life until I started going to gym at this time of the day. It would be easier if it was night time to have a friend come with me but in the day time most of my friends are too busy with work. Before I use to complain about going to gym at night because it’s more crowded but now it’s like I can’t wait until they change my work schedule back to day time now lol

Maybe this is the equivalent of the little boy pulling the hair of the little girl he really likes but pretends not too.. maybe he's infatuated with you and trying to get your attention? .. Just don't give it to him, don't make eye contact or speak. Totally ignore.
    Sorry, I dont have any ideas, you've already contacted management, that usually works.
    I hope he gets the hint soon.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this guy is clearly racist, and is deliberately intimidating you because he's a racist with a pathetically overinflated ego. He seems to be slowly ramping up his aggression towards you, and he might even be trying to goad you into doing something silly so he can get you kicked out and keep his imagined "alpha male" crown as the self-styled king of the gym.

It's up to the gym to protect its users from harassment. If they don't, it might be better if you can find another gym, because this person may not stop. People like him don't enact this pattern of behaviour from nowhere. They're immature, oversensitive bullies who can't stand humiliation, and the fact that someone offered you money to pay him attention suggests that he's got a reputation and the other gym users know it, which is why they steer clear of him.

Despite him being a tantrum-ridden child in an adult's body, he's deliberately putting you at risk of injury and he's scaring you. Take this seriously. No gym is worth your physical and emotional safety. Report him when you can, get multiple recordings to show that these incidents are ongoing, or take friends as witnesses.

Don't bother trying to engage or reason with him; that's the staff's job and they should've done it when you first told them what was going on. You may have to threaten the gym with a lawsuit since they've apparently done nothing, and you may end up having to find another gym that has and enforces rules about harassment.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I presume this isn’t a planet fitness? ;)
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Ok so record yourself working out; I record my lifts for form check. You are bound to catch some of this guy's behavior...or he'll see the phone recording and stop the harrassment.

ETA: are there other powerlifters there at the same time? Befriend one by asking for spot or lift off...the guy seems predatory b/c you are alone.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

5a8.gif

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Tell him you've noticed him hanging around you a lot and think it's really cute he has a crush on you but you're already spoken for.

And then possibly duck. :)
  • ImSoSquishy
    ImSoSquishy Posts: 57 Member
    Options

nope, it isn't a planet fitness. they don't have one at my area close to where i live either
  • ImSoSquishy
    Options
    Ok so record yourself working out; I record my lifts for form check. You are bound to catch some of this guy's behavior...or he'll see the phone recording and stop the harrassment.

ETA: are there other powerlifters there at the same time? Befriend one by asking for spot or lift off...the guy seems predatory b/c you are alone.

i'm like one of the only few powerlifters here at this gym as far as i know including other times of the day. most guys here are mostly bodybuilders and just the ones that just sits around, play on their phones, or stalk/look at girls around the gym.
  • ImSoSquishy
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Tell him you've noticed him hanging around you a lot and think it's really cute he has a crush on you but you're already spoken for.

And then possibly duck. :)

i'm not ducking because i'll be where he wants me to be, so i'm running away! lmao!
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Report the racist behavior to gym staff. He can claim you just happen to have the same routine if you accuse him of that but the racist *kitten* is undeniable if you have a witness (which it sounds like you could get pretty easily).

Alternatively you can wait for him to throw out his back or get arrested in a roid rage incident.

tomorrow is my deadlift day, maybe he will break his back trying to out lift me again lols. i saw him deadlifting with a rounded lower back next to me the past 2 mondays and his movement mechanics aren't great at all, so it is possible for it to happen

Oh, well then you can go up to him and give him unsolicited lifting advice. See how that goes.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    careful with recording as some gyms do not allow it and it might get you kicked out yourself. Wait until he about to do a squat and go over there and PUNT his balls and then run like hell. :p:D;)
  • ImSoSquishy
    Options
    Report the racist behavior to gym staff. He can claim you just happen to have the same routine if you accuse him of that but the racist *kitten* is undeniable if you have a witness (which it sounds like you could get pretty easily).

Alternatively you can wait for him to throw out his back or get arrested in a roid rage incident.

tomorrow is my deadlift day, maybe he will break his back trying to out lift me again lols. i saw him deadlifting with a rounded lower back next to me the past 2 mondays and his movement mechanics aren't great at all, so it is possible for it to happen

Oh, well then you can go up to him and give him unsolicited lifting advice. See how that goes.

lols i think he'll be super mad if i do, he doesn't seem like type of person that is opened new information/advice too.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

lols i think he'll be super mad if i do, he doesn't seem like type of person that is opened new information/advice too.

great! do it.

and....

after all of this, you gotta let us know how this thing works out; please don't leave us hangin'
  • ImSoSquishy
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

great! do it.

and....

after all of this, you gotta let us know how this thing works out; please don't leave us hangin'

definitely will! :)
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Another thing...if you are going to speak to management (again) about this swine, do it in writing too.
  • ImSoSquishy
    Options
    so last night i went to gym and i spoke to the gym manager who covers the night shift in her office. i told her i have been harrassed by this one guy during the day time and the day time manager never does anything about it after i complained a few times. so she told me she's going to look into this from the security camera saved recordings and will take appropriate actions and get back to me by friday with a phone call.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    so last night i went to gym and i spoke to the gym manager who covers the night shift in her office. i told her i have been harrassed by this one guy during the day time and the day time manager never does anything about it after i complained a few times. so she told me she's going to look into this from the security camera saved recordings and will take appropriate actions and get back to me by friday with a phone call.

Cool.
    It will be great to see this clown run out of the gym with a permanent ban.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Did he end up hurting himself during the deadlifts?