Hard to Eat

Options
My problem is that there are days when I don’t have the urge to eat until dinner and sometimes not even then. What is a good way to get my nutrients early in the day.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    As long as you're getting what you need each day, you don't have to get your nutrients early.

Is the issue that you're often not hungry even after dinner time and you can't get enough to eat? Is this a new thing?
  • InfiniteInnerBeauty9190
    Options
    As long as you're getting what you need each day, you don't have to get your nutrients early.

Is the issue that you're often not hungry even after dinner time and you can't get enough to eat? Is this a new thing?

Options
    I’m not getting enough food most days. I end up with 1000+ deficit after exercising some days but I usually feel full.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Might be worth seeing your doctor if this is more than just a temporary thing. That's a big deficit.
    Feeling full when you've not eaten, or not eaten much, could have a medical cause
    Aside from that, I find it hard to reach my calorie goal if I don't start early in the day.
    Options
    Might be worth seeing your doctor if this is more than just a temporary thing. That's a big deficit.
    Feeling full when you've not eaten, or not eaten much, could have a medical cause
    Aside from that, I find it hard to reach my calorie goal if I don't start early in the day.
    Options
    It’s easy for me to skip breakfast and lunch. I’m going to make myself eat three meals each day this weekend.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    eat one bigger meal a day instead of 3 smaller ones. People do it all the time. you dont have to make yourself eat when you dont want to.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    If it continues and/or you have other GI symptoms like nausea, gas, vomiting, heartburn, etc I would recommend going to see your doctor
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I’m not getting enough food most days. I end up with 1000+ deficit after exercising some days but I usually feel full.

How long has this been going on? Have you recently changed your diet?
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    eat one bigger meal a day instead of 3 smaller ones. People do it all the time. you dont have to make yourself eat when you dont want to.

I actually just did that today. Thank you!
    Options
    If it continues and/or you have other GI symptoms like nausea, gas, vomiting, heartburn, etc I would recommend going to see your doctor

I have an appointment set for October. Thank you!
    Options

How long has this been going on? Have you recently changed your diet?

Been going on for a few months now. I started pushing myself harder to lose weight in the past few months and it’s like my appetite is going back to the way it was when I was a a teen; I never ate much back then. I thought I’d want to eat more if I’m exercising more. Anyway, have a great weekend!!
    Options
    What diet are you doing? Keto? How many carbs do you think you are taking in? How much fats do you think you are getting? Maybe you unknowingly are in ketosis since you haven't been eating much and part of the keto diet is that you are rarely hungry. I myself only eat one small meal a day.

I just cut back on the amount of food I eat, and cut way back on carbs. I exercise daily and drink a lot of water.
  • LittleBeanMachine
    LittleBeanMachine Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hmmm could it be a stress reaction? I recently was only eating 400 calories a day for a month after a stressful event. I eventually and slowly started reintegrating food back into my body. I was feeling weak and tired and I became pale and had dark circles under my eyes. My partner and therapist convinced me I needed to have a substantial amount of calories a day. But when I ate that 1 small meal a day, I often couldn't finish it and felt nauseous afterwards. I gradually started off with a slice of toast with peanut butter for breakfast, a banana for lunch and a full well rounded meal for dinner. I would eat what I could. A month later, I'm still struggling but can now stomach 3 full meals a day.
    If your issue isn't stress related, perhaps you're drinking too much water? Water can really fill you up. What is your caffeine intake? That can suppress your appetite as well.
    I hope your doctor appointment goes well! I hope he/she can assess why you have no appetite these past few months. It could definitely be a digestive or metabolic issue. Good luck!😊
    Options
    Hmmm could it be a stress reaction? I recently was only eating 400 calories a day for a month after a stressful event. I eventually and slowly started reintegrating food back into my body. I was feeling weak and tired and I became pale and had dark circles under my eyes. My partner and therapist convinced me I needed to have a substantial amount of calories a day. But when I ate that 1 small meal a day, I often couldn't finish it and felt nauseous afterwards. I gradually started off with a slice of toast with peanut butter for breakfast, a banana for lunch and a full well rounded meal for dinner. I would eat what I could. A month later, I'm still struggling but can now stomach 3 full meals a day.
    If your issue isn't stress related, perhaps you're drinking too much water? Water can really fill you up. What is your caffeine intake? That can suppress your appetite as well.
    I hope your doctor appointment goes well! I hope he/she can assess why you have no appetite these past few months. It could definitely be a digestive or metabolic issue. Good luck!😊

No stress and no Caffeine but I do drink a good amount of water. I see my Dr. in a couple of weeks so all is well. I’m so glad you are eating more. Take care of yourself and thanks so much🌹