let's be honest

Options
I think I've had EDNOS for years...

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Then I think you should seek some help for that disorder. The first step is admitting it. There are lots of people who recover from this and live happy, healthy lives. Good luck to you hunny!
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

what is EDNOS?
  • alexisrebecca
    alexisrebecca Posts: 39 Member
    Options

what is EDNOS?

Eating disorder not otherwise specified
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Me too, but it's never been taken seriously. I used to 'joke' (it was never a joke to me or any other ED sufferer though), that I had bulimia but I forgot to do the purging part. I didn't think it was a recognised problem. Well, I suppose it wasn't at that time. I did once look at overeaters anonymous, but I didn't like the links with the church. At the moment I feel in control. I hope to keep it that way.
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I hear you guys = esp on the over eating part!! I have such a warpped relationship with food and with secret eating!!!

I struggle so much and can go from being in control to asting as if I have never seen food!

Really have no idea how to get over it? any tips?
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    I'm a self confessed glutton. I can eat enough in one sitting to keep an army marching for a week. I shock myself at how much I could put away if I let myself. That's just not right is it? We may not have anorexia or bulimia but its still a disorder and it still has to be addressed. Its a constant struggle that goes far deeper than greediness. Yes - I too believe I have an eating disorder and now, thanks to you, I have a name for it :smile:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have battled ED and ED tendencies since I was 12. I am now 39. While I don' t do anything crazy with my food anymore, sometimes I consider it. I now find I am obsessed with exercise and burning calories. I feel like people judge me b/c of my weight. Everything I do I think my weight factors in...I know that is not normal but it is just how I am wired. I think ED's are much like any addiction...it is always there. I think as an adult I just manage it much better b/c I know the risks involved in starving and purging.
    So you are not alone. I think many of us battle these feelings.
  • J7mbo
    J7mbo Posts: 5
    Options

what is EDNOS?

Eating disorder not otherwise specified

I thought it was Erectile Disfunction not otherwise specified?
  • ShannonMHS
    Options
    I feel the same way ... well said!
  • hcam8
    hcam8 Posts: 69
    Options
    oh my god. secret eating. such a problem?!!!