Alcohol Drink Talk

Options
Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
Was watching TV yesterday and noticed several commercials for that new flavored vodka. This is on the heels of other drink ads where the alcohol is flavored, i.e. Mike's Hard Lemonade, etc.

So that got me thinking and confirms the human condition that, in general, humans prefer sweet things. One of the reasons Pepsi beats Coke in those sipping taste tests is that Pepsi, being sweeter than Coke, tastes better to the human tongue when sampled in small amounts.

Most alcoholic drinks are sipped. So if the above it true then it makes sense that we, as humans would prefer sweeter drinks. Makers of vodka realize it and so have others. So that made my head think a little more. Thought about those drinks that are "an acquired taste". You know, like wine, scotch, etc.

So my argument is that if the drink has to become an acquired taste then its not worth it. So for all you wine snobs, all you sophisticated snobs who prefer their scotch "straight up", you're full of it. You know that you the taste sucks and you've conditioned yourself to like it for snobbish social reasons.

So try this. Drink your urine. It's sterile and you'll come to acquire a taste for it.

That is all.

:drinker:

Replies

• yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    No thanks... I don't want to become a urine snob.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Whoha isn't that a little rude for so early in the morning!? Every person is different and u shouldnt criticize people for wat they like. Its goin in their body not yours. I hate sweet alcoholic beverages. Makes me sick after the 3rd round! Ill take my beer over a fufu drink anyday!
  • Dee120hb
    Dee120hb Posts: 24
    Options
    I love wine, and scotch and "bitter drinks", and I'm not a snob. Do you have any scientific backing or did you just come up with that on your own?
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Thought about those drinks that are "an acquired taste". You know, like wine, scotch, etc.

So my argument is that if the drink has to become an acquired taste then its not worth it. So for all you wine snobs, all you sophisticated snobs who prefer their scotch "straight up", you're full of it. You know that you the taste sucks and you've conditioned yourself to like it for snobbish social reasons.

:drinker:

Totally agree! lol lol lol
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Ill take my beer over a fufu drink anyday!

I'm a confirmed beer / ale drinker too - even they are often sweet in comparison to others though :P
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Don't hate on urine snobs :[
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Options
    urine over your head
  • yaddayaddayadda
    Options
    Don't hate on urine snobs :[

I don't hate urine snobs or wine snobs... just don't want to be one.:wink:
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Options
    Why yes it is
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like to drink and I don't like sweet drinks. Its as simple as that. And for someone that is preaching about sweet drinks don't u know that u catch more flies w honey and not vinegar!
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Options
    I love wine, and scotch and "bitter drinks", and I'm not a snob. Do you have any scientific backing or did you just come up with that on your own?

It is actually scientific--many studies have supported the conclusion that human beings evolved to prefer sweet/salty things because they would have provided the necessary nutrients needed for survival. Wine.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If it contains alcohol I will drink it.
  • Dee120hb
    Dee120hb Posts: 24
    Options
    Sweet drinks including alcoholic drinks??? Because they're an instant headache with a side of heartburn for me at the first smell. I get your point, it was just a bit harsh.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    Options
    I like to drink and I don't like sweet drinks. Its as simple as that. And for someone that is preaching about sweet drinks don't u know that u catch more flies w honey and not vinegar!

I believe the factoid that humans prefer sweet drinks is a generalization... there are always exceptions. If you are an exception, you can be proud...
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    If it gets me drunk I drink it, although I would never go to a bar and order whisky etc, if someone bought me a shot I would drink it *quickly* lol