Trying Again - Need Accountability

Options
Hello Fellow MFPs,
I'm coming back on with a renewed mindset and determination to lose weight. I've always been a pretty active person, played all the sports through high school and college, even played quite a bit my first few years out of college, but things change, we get older, we get busier, I'm sure you all know those situations. I have also always been a bit bigger in the weight department, but never felt overweight. I was on a few years back (5-6) and managed to lose close to 50 lbs over the course of a year. Still being on, but not as accountable for the following few years I put on some of the lost weight, my wife and I had our 1st child and work changed a bit, I had a new boss who was expecting more from me. The weight slowly came back, I wasn't as active, this pattern continued for a few more years until last year.
Last year we had baby #2, that's when I tried to make changes. I tried exercising more, I tried watching what I ate, but couldn't make things stick. This past summer my entire family took a vacation together, looking at those pictures made me realize how bad things had gotten. I'm about 5'8" on a good day, my weight was up to 268 :open_mouth: like I said before I've always been a bit bigger, about 230, but this was much more. Looking in a mirror, I didn't notice it, trying on clothes, I didn't really notice it, but pictures tell a lot. I wasn't happy with what I'd become, I wasn't happy with how my energy to play with my kids was quickly drained. I wasn't happy with how I let myself slide for my wife. I need to make a change.
I don't know what any/all of you can do, but I'd like to get some accountability, whether it's checking in, or monitoring weight, but I can use anything. I know bad habits I have and things I eat aren't always the best, but since the start of Aug, I have been able to lose about 10 lbs. That's just by not snacking as much and trying to walk more, but I know I can use more help and support. I'll be happy to return the favor, thanks for your time.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can eat anything you want, but you have to eat less; you have to do it yourself, but you don't have to do it alone.
  • ellieeeekim
    ellieeeekim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids but am on the same boat as you - about 5'7" and about 260 pounds. I fell off the wagon and started again today. We can be friends if you want to try and keep each other accountable :) I'm always welcome to accountability buddies! Just checking in every other day or when you feel like you're about to deter away from your focus :)